Gao Xingjian , born on January 4th, 1940 with Ganzhou in China, is a writer, playwright and painter French (naturalization in 1997) of Chinese origin which obtained the Nobel Prize of literature in 2000.
BiographyIn its native land, its avant-gardism and its freedom of thought were worth to him to attract on him the lightnings of the Chinese Communist party. At the time of the Cultural revolution, it passed nearly six years in the camps of rehabilitation to the countryside, to pain in the fields. Thus, as soon as it could it, the character subversive of its works ends up forcing it with the exile. He lives in France since 1988, where he obtained the Political asylum. Since 1997 it with French nationality.
It was made Chevalier of Arts and the Letters.
Its literary workIt received the Nobel Prize of literature in 2000 for the whole of its work. Its most famous novel is the Mountain of the heart . He is also the author of news, poems, of plays, of which some were written directly in French (published with the Editions Lansman) and even of an opera, Snow in August , on a partition of Xu ShuYa, created in 2002 with Taipei then with the Opéra of Marseilles under the direction of the leader Marc Trautmann.
With counter-current of the requirements of politically correct imposed by the Chinese Communist party, the Mountain of the heart is the account of a time for oneself, of an introspection or the me becomes you then it , of an individualism, a certain idleness and more still of the search of China and an Chinese to the state of nature.
- the Other bank , 1986
- the Escape , 1992
- To dialog to disconcert , 1992
- At the edge of the life , 1993 in French
- the Sleepwalker , 1995 in French
- Four quartets for one weekend , 1999 in French
- Theater I , 2000
- the Collector of dead the , 2003 in French
Novels and news
- the Mountain of the heart , 1995
- a fishing cane for my grandfather (new), 1995
- the Book of a man alone , 2000
- For another esthetics , 2001
- Closest to reality, where the raison d'être of the literature (Dialog) , 2001
- the Testimony of the literature , 2004
- Snow in August , 2002, music of Xu ShuYa, created in Taipei and the Opera of Marseilles under the direction of the leader Marc Trautmann
- the Wandering of the bird , 2003
- the Silhouette if not the shade , 2003
TranslationsSome works translated of French Chinese:
- the Other bank (theater), 1986
- the Escape (theater), 1992
- the Mountain of the heart (Romance), 1995
- a fishing cane for my grandfather (Romance), 1995
- the Book of a man alone (Romance), 2000
- Theater I (theater), 2000
- Snow in August (opera), 2003
- the Wandering of the bird (poetry), 2003
; Translated into English
- Buying has Fishing Rod for my Grandfather (new), Flamingo, London, 2004
Its painted workGao Xingjian is also a painter. Its first tables obstinately expressed a penetrating threat returned by the dark masses, but they affirm the ultimate victory of clearness. Like a therapy to finish some with China.
It gave up oil after 1978 to devote itself to ink: My first visit with European museums, in 1978, upset my report/ratio with Article Jamais I had not admired masterpieces with oil in original. What a luminosity, what a intensity, what a consistency! My own pallet appeared dull to me, opaque. The history which I was carrying could not enable me to create, to progress with the Western weapons: I gave up oil for ink. Since I endeavor to enrich the practice by the monochromic black, controlled as of the 8th century by Wang Wei in a way so inventive that its eternal zealoies, today still, imitate it without innovating.
It uses traditional Chinese materials (rice paper, brush in hair of goat), it modulates its black ink in hundreds of nuances. However, it applies also techniques specific to the Occident for its draped, its glacis translucent and its effects of depth.
Realized with the Indian ink, its tables, of all dimensions, combine abstraction, figuration and pantheism. Its mysterious landscapes involve in a voyage towards the abyssals zone of the heart, its fabrics bear evocative names (Meditation, Oubli, Surprise): contours of a nature like seizure in clearly-obscure, silhouette of a woman draped like a " Virgin préhistorique" walking on in a landscape of rubble, man to the heavy body whose fine head is tightened towards a setting sun (which is not without evoking the romantic contemplation of Caspar Friedrich).
Some of its works are reproduced on the cover of certain of its books.
|Random links:||Canton of the Monistrol-on-Loire | Kestrel of Maurice | Pokémon Pinball | Cyrtopodion montiumsalsorum | Voigtländer | Amiga|