See also: Baudrillart
School-fellow of Jean Jaurès and Henri Bergson with the National university of the street of Ulm (promotion 1878), it supplements his formation by the aggregation of Histoire and two Doctorat S: in letters and Theology.
Catholic Writer committed, he is the author of many works. Ordered priest in 1893, it became titular bishop of Himéria in 1921, then Archevêque of Laodicée and Mytilène. In 1907, it is named vice-chancellor of the catholic Institut of Paris while Pie XI did it cardinal in 1935.
Near to large to the time, Poincaré, Foch, Aristide Briand, of the Pape S of the time… it scrupulously notes in its notebooks ¹ all these displacements and its meetings at the point to write, without really it to want, a testimony writes considerable turbid period that known the Europe between 1914 and 1942. This testimony is all the more important as Alfred Baudrillart was a antihitlérien convinced during the years 1930 but its anti Communisme made it rock in the collaborationnism militant at the time of the defeat of the France in 1940. Consequently, it took an active part in many Parisian demonstrations of Collaborateur S, and posted among the supports of the Légion of the French volunteers against the Bolchevisme, which fought in German uniform on the face of the East. In 1942 as much, Baudrillart will protest against anti-semites measurement of gouvernment of Vichy into full public. Its collaboration was finished after this moment (spring of 1942).
It was commander of the Legion of honor
- Notebooks of the cardinal Baudrillart (1914 - 1942), the Stag, 9 volumes, 10.000 pages surroundings (Antihitlérien but in favor a muscular line. Its notebooks are remarkable by their primarily political character, the Catholic Institute of Paris from which he was the vice-chancellor does not appear there practically never.)
- Catholicism in France and the intellectual elites . French catholic Friendships, 1900.
- Leon Lefevre . Morel, 1902.
- the Catholic church Rebirth Protestantism . Paris: Bloud, 1905
- Frederic Ozanam. Paris, Bloud & Co, 1912.
- Life of Mgr of Hulst . Gigord, 1912.
- Germany and allies in front of the Christian conscience . Publication of the catholic Committee of French propaganda abroad. Bloud and Gay, 1915.
- the German war and Catholicism . Bloud and Gay, 1915.
- France, catholics and the war. Answer to some objections . Collection " Current pages (1914 - 1917) " (N 102). Paris, Bloud and Gay, 1917.
- Praise of Albert de Mun. Institute of France, 1919.
- the catholic vocation of France and its fidelity in the Holy See through the ages . Spes, 1928.
- the religious conquest of the Algeria, 1830 - 1845. Plon, 1930.
- Our universities. The catholic Institute . 1930.
- With Youth, the Councils Of yesterday and today . Paris: De Gigord, 1932.
- Twenty-five years of vice-chancellorship. The catholic Institute of Paris (1907 - 1932). Paris: De Gigord, 1932.
- Vocation of France . Flammarion, 1934.
- Conferences Of Notre-Dame de Paris (5 booklets): The Catholic Vocation Of France and Its fidelity through the Ages . Spes.
- the vocation catholiqe of France and its fidelity in the Holy See through the ages . Spes.
- the Large one And Beautiful story Of the First Crusade . Calmann-Levy, 1935.
- Let us be ready! , Flammarion. 1937.
- the Baudrillart cardinal was portraituré by the French painter Jules Alexandre Grün.
Source and Bonds
- Its biography by the French Academy
- Historia (re-examined)
|Random links:||Douglas Sam | Nazomakaimura: Incredible Toons | Gesta Tancredi In Expeditione Hierosolymitana | Michel Bacala | Channel NV | merle_Jaune-dirigé|