Marchetti taught the Philosophie, then the Mathématiques with the Université of Pisa during twenty years, showing a great freedom of thought.
On the scientific level, Marchetti continued the searchs for Mécanique of Galileo and one has of him various scientific treaties.
Literary works of Marchetti are composed of Saggio delle rhyme eroiche, morali E crowns (Florence, 1704, in-4°), reprinted with additions under the title of Vita E Poesie of Alessandro Marchetti (Venice, 1755, in-4). It gave moreover rather remarkable translations in Verse free S of Anacréon (Lucques, 1707, in-4°; London, 1803, in-8), whose first edition was destroyed by order of the Inquisition, and of Lucrèce (London, 1707, in-8). It left in manuscript some works.
He was member of the Académie of Crusca. He was the Master of famous the Maria Borghini.
- Of resistentia solidorum (1669).
- Exercitationes mechanicae (1669)
- Beyond will natura delle comet… (1684)
- Saggio delle rhyme eroiche morali, E crowns (1704)
- Vita, E poetry of Alessandro Marchetti da Pistoja filosofo, E matematico… (pubblicato postumo nel 1755)
- Gustave Vapereau, universal Dictionary of the literatures , Paris, Hatchet, 1876, p. 1272
|Random links:||European party of the liberals, democrats and reformers | Safed | Nymburk | Dassault Mirage G | Pseudonaja | Liste_de_villes_dans_le_nègre_de_Río|