Albertville is a common French, located in the department of the Savoy and the area the Rhone-Alps. Its inhabitants is Albertvilloises and Albertvillois. The city became famous since it accommodated the 16th Winter Olympics of 1992.
SituationValleys : Albertville is located in the Combe of Savoy, with the limit of the Tarentaise, the Beaufortain and the Val of Arly, which is worth to him the nickname of Crossroads of the Four Valleys.
River : it is crossed by the Arly and is skirted by the Isere.
Massive : the Wallows, the Beaufortain, and beginning of the Vanoise.
Communes borderingNorth, West, South, East: Venthon, in the Beaufortain, Fen, Mercury, Gilly-sur-Isère, Tournon, Monthion, Oil cake, in the Combe of Savoy, Turn-in-Savoy
Nature of the landscapesAlpine landscape with tops reaching 2.000 m (the Large Arc)
Transportation routesThe town of Albertville is on the road of large the winter sports resorts of the Vallée of Tarentaise, it is thus crossed by an important road traffic and railway.
RoadsAccess by A43 Grenoble - Albertville and the RN 509 Annecy - Ugine - Albertville. Recently, a bank road is under development. It will make it possible to unchoke the principal road axis, crossed by nearly 25.000 vehicles per day during the winter vacation.
WorkThe town of Albertville with undertaken with high expenses the construction of a bank road. Work began in October 2005 and will be probably completed with the end of the year 2008. If the deadlines are held, it will be inaugurated in January 2009. The overall costs are estimated at 36,3 million euros.
Public transportAt the beginning of the year 2007, a network of minibus is set up. He is currently a great success. The city is also served by the railway line with single track Lyon - Borough St Maurice.
Airport and heliportAero club has proximity (Sainte-Hélène-sur-Isère). Base French air help.
HistoryAt the time Roman, the borough on the rock constituted an important point of the Milan-Vienna way. Located at the confuence of Arly and Isere, the Romans baptized the city: " AD confluent " , from where its name. The plain as for it was occupied by the customs officers and constituted the border post of " AD publicanos " (of Latin publicanus : the farmer of tax, here, the customs officer).
At the end of the 12th century, the knights of Saint Jean of Jerusalem founded a hospital house to accommodate the travellers and the pilgrims. Around, a village develops: the Hospital . In 1216, it is made for the first time mention of Hospital-under-Conflans , then, in 1287, the city takes the name of Villefranche of the Hospital .
During centuries, the city passed successively under control French, Sardinian, Germanic and Austrian. In 1801, after the conquest of Savoy by Bonaparte, it taken temporarily the name of Conflent .
It was only in 1835, on December 19th very precisely, that the king of Sardinia Charles-Albert joins together the two boroughs of Conflans and the Hospital to form Albertville .
Culture and InheritanceThe city is classified Ville of Art and History.
Roman periodUnder the Roman occupation, Albertville probably constituted a border post. Archaeological excavations made it possible to update a villa in the village close to Gilly-sur-Isère. The Roman Way of Milan to Vienna, by the Collar of the Small-Saint-Bernard, passed by the city.
- Quoted medieval of Conflans, ramparts of the 14th Red century
- Castle with Conflans, end 14th century
- Castle of Handbook of Locatelli with Conflans, end of the 16th century
- House with turrets in Albertville
- Museum of ethnography and history (Red Castle).
- Savoyard Museum
- Files tarines (Manual castle).
- House of XVIe Winter Olympics
- the arts center of the Dome, monumental building set up for the Olympic Games shelters a cinema, a theater and médiatèque.
- Antenna of the Chamber of commerce and industry of Savoy.
IntercommunalityCommunity of communes of the Area of Albertville (CoRAL) joined together 17 close cities (Ugine, Bâthie, Venthon, Oil cake, etc) and 41.000 inhabitants. Together, they work for economic development, environmental protection, fitting-out. They maintain cultural sports equipment and, in particular the EIMD (Inter-commune School of Music and Dance) and the skating rink. It is CoRAL which supported and financed the network of minibus installed in January 2007.
Budget of the communeWith the January 2nd 2006, the communal Dette rose to 18,1 million euros is 1046 euros per capita.
DemographySource: Cassini EHESS
Demography on the basin albertvillois, although stable since already more than 30 years, goes rather well. New buildings have " fleuris" in a few months and one awaits, on Albertville, approximately 2000 new inhabitants from here 2010.
- 6.000 paid in industry
- 17 industrial parks out of 170 hectares including 41 ha of grounds available
Among the companies which chose Albertville-Ugine-Tarentaise:
Ugitech - long stainless steel products
- Kassbohrer - ramming appliances
- the Source of the Orchard - Fruit juice
- Areva-Cezus - reactive metals or refractories (Zirconium and Hafnium)
- Timet - Titanium
- UCAR /Graftech - machining of graphite (electrodes of furnaces, applications industrial…)
- ms - sodium metal
- InPact - Wafers out of indium phosphide
Sports and leisures
- the Olympic Market, inherited the Olympic Games, constitutes a unit dedicated to the sporting and cultural events. One finds like principal element a skating rink there, but also of and the wall tennis courts of climbing. For this reason, the Olympic Market is the ground of meeting sporting but also a theater. Many a artisites, singers and humorists stop there each year.
the Olympic Park Henri Dujol (in the past Park of Sauvay, renamed name of the former mayor of the town of 1974 to 1995) includes/understands a whole of grounds for many sporting practices.
- Social center and Culturel InterVal' . It will be constrained with closing in May 2007. Justice will order a compulsory liquidation and the dismissal of the 22 paid ones remaining. Closing is the consequence of nonthe renewal to height of the preceding exercise of a municipal subsidy.
- Company of theater: Theater of the Sycamore - (73) in Albertville.
- the Orchestra of Harmony of Albertville. Site of the Orchestra of Harmony of Albertville
- Painting: Les paintings of Pierre Jové.
Music and Danse: L' Inter-commune School of Music and Dance (EIMD).
The council of the Young peopleThe town hall of Albertville took the initiative to train a council joining together of the young people from 11 to 17 years which take part in the life of the commune by proposing their ideas, while working together on the topics of community life, the environment or the humanitarian. Several projects are currently being prepared: repair of the cycle tracks, etc
Nursery schoolThe construction of a nursery school has been just completed, in January 2007. The municiality engaged the sum of 2.700.000 € for work. A characteristic: it is equipped with 84 m ² of solar panels.
School Albert Bar
- School of the valley of the pinks
- School of the plain of Albertville
- School Pargoud
- School of the Champ de Mars
- College Jean Moulin
- College Pierre Barn
- College of Combe of Savoy
- College Jeanne d' Arc
- Jean Moulin College, in the course of rehabilitation since October 2006 (1350 pupils).
- College Jeanne d' Arc (800 pupils).
- Regional Establishment of Teaching adapted (E.R.E.A)
- Vocational school of the Large Arc
Places of worship
- Holy Church Therese
- Church Saint Jean-Baptiste
HealthThe hospital of Albertville CHAM, like many infrastructures, was built at the time of XVIe Jeux of Winter, in 1992. The construction of a new hospital for the horizon 2012 is thus in project.
Administration on the spot
See also: Winter Olympics of 1992
Personalities related to the commune
- Jean Moulin, sub-prefect of Albertville of 1925 with 1930.
- Michel Barnier, studying with the college Jean Moulin, French politician.
- Claude Genoux (1811 - 1874), historian.
- Henry Bernard (1912 - 1994), architect.
- Florine De Leymarie, (born in 1981), alpine skier.
- Common of Savoy
- Winter Olympics of 1992
- Official site
- history of Albertville-Conflans
Albertville on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Albertville on the site of INSEE
- Albertville on the site of Quid
- Localization of Albertville on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Albertville on Mapquest
|Random links:||AlimentÃ³ ley | Greta cubana | Piccadilly | 2nd stage of Tirreno-Adriatico 2006 | Chachani | Ava Gaudet | 82|