Philologist novelist (doctor) of ULB, graduate of the Practical School of the High Studies (Paris, Sorbonne), Albert Henry is " one of the most original representatives of large running of the literary studies which renovated the literary studies in second half of the XXe siècle". Its scientific and literary work is marked by its attachment with the Walloon ground and its friendship for the poet Saint-John Perse of which it will establish the critical edition of poetic work. Shining medievist, appreciated for his rigor and his critical smoothness, it publishes many literary works of his Romance grounds, without forgetting large the François Villon.
He was mobilized in 1938 as reserve officer in artillery. He took part in the NFP (Fortified position of Namur) and was made Prisoner of war on May 28th 1940, at the time of the capitulation ordered by Léopold III. He then undergoes the fate of the 65.000 Walloon prisoners of war in a Oflag or Stalag. During its captivity, he writes Walloon Offrande clandestinely , a work constantly republished, vibrating meditation of poetry and lyricism on a ground and people and assessment of the contribution of the Romance areas of Belgium to the " civilization of oïl". In the final chapter, Albert Henry gives to his work a deliberately political turn while daring to consider the possibility of a division of Belgique.Sa vision of Wallonia is characterized by the primacy granted to the language common to the inhabitants from the " Belgium romane" , French, in Wallonia and in Brussels.
He was member of the royal Académie of Belgium, professor with the Université of Ghent (1946-1958) then to the Universit3e libre de Bruxelles (1958-1976).
Among its scientific work, it is necessary to announce the famous work Histoire of the words " Wallon" and " Wallonie" , several times republished, in particular and lastly at the Destrée Institute (in 1990).
the lyric work of Henri III, Duke of the Brabant (1948)
- Works of Adenet the King (1951-1956),
- Chrestomathie of the literature as former French (1953),
- Language and Poésie at Paul Valéry (1952),
- expressive Syntax (former French and modern French) (1960),
- play of Saint Nicolas's Day of Jehan Bodel (1962)
- Studies of French and gallo-Romance , Brussels-Paris lexicology, 1960.
- the Will of Villon (1974).
- Fall, Studies of philology, linguistics and stylistics, gathered and published by colleagues, pupils and friends of the author, Walloon Duculot, Gembloux, 1977.
- and Wallonia, draft of a semantic history in Studies of Walloon history , I, Plisnier Foundation, 1965,48p.
- Draft of a history of smots " Wallon" and " Wallonie" , Rebirth of the book, Brussels, 1974.
Note of Albert Henry on Wallonia on line
|Random links:||Social Distortion | Rene-Laurent of the Bar | Awara (fruit) | Tubbergen | QV44 | Onychogryposis|