BiographyBorn parents teachers, Alain Peyrefitte prénommait Roger initially. He changes first name during his studies to avoid confusion with his homonym Roger Peyrefitte, writer at the time very discussed. The two men were probably cousins moved away, but this cousinage was however never established with certainty.
Alain Peyrefitte carries out initially his studies with the National university and the National school of administration, before carrying out a long career of senior official. Initially attached, then in charge of research to CNRS, it becomes Diplomate, in particular in federal Germany, then in Poland.
He is elected appointed of Seine-et-Marne in 1958. He is continuously re-elected thereafter, until in 1981, where he is beaten by the Fromion Socialist, in the tread of the victory of François Mitterrand with the presidential election. But the election of Fromion is invalidated, and Peyrefitte finds its seat as of January 1982, with the one partial legislation favor. It will preserve this seat until in 1995. This year there, Alain Peyrefitte indeed gives up his seat of deputy to become Senator de Seine-et-Marne, posts that it will occupy until his death.
Alain Peyrefitte will be also general adviser of the Bray-on-Seine of 1964 with 1988, first vice-president of the General advice of Seine-et-Marne of 1982 with 1988, and Mayor of Provins during 32 years, of 1965 until March 1997.
In April 1962, it is named Secretary of State to information by the de Gaulle general, then, in September of the same year, Minister for the repatriates. He will be then Minister for the Information of December 1962 at January 1966, then Minister for Research in 1966-1697, before becoming, in 1967 Minister for state education. But it is constrained with the resignation, at the time of the events of May 68.
Alain Peyrefitte will return to the government only in 1973. He had, meanwhile, the occasion to make several voyages in China as a member of Parliament. Of this voyage, it will bring back one of its more famous works: When China wakes up… the world will tremble , in which he predicts the next economic development and policy of the China and tries to determine the consequences of them.
Parrallèlement, it occupies, of 1968 with 1972, the president's function of the Commission of the cultural and social Affairs of the National Assembly. Of 1972 with 1973, he is general secretary of the movement gaullist, the U.D.R.
Alain Peyrefitte was also operations manager of reflection on societies' problems: the participation (1968-1969); drug (1969-1970); decentralization (1973-1974); violence, criminality and the delinquency (1976-1977).
In March 1977, it becomes Minister of Justice, Minister for Justice, and the remainder until May 1981. Its passage to the ministry for Justice was very noticed, but also very criticized, since it made vote several laws intended to fight firmly against the delinquency, in particular the law " Safety and Liberté" and the law " Anticasseurs" , judged laws " liberticides" by the left opposition at the time, and which will be repealed besides by the left returned to the capacity in 1981.
Parallel to his political career, Alain Peyrefitte was characterized by an abundant bibliography. Its first test, " The Myth of Pénélope" , in 1949, was crowned by the French Academy. In addition to the When China wakes up… the world will tremble , one can also quote " The Evil français" , appeared in 1976, which was an important best-seller.
More recently, in 1995, Alain Peyrefitte published a test entitled " The Company of confiance" , on the causes of the development and the underdevelopment in the world. Many examples with the support, it advances the idea according to which the independent factors of the development and the underdevelopment are not to seek in certain material causes classically advanced such as the climate or the natural resources, but in what it calls the " third factor immatériel" , i.e. culture, mentalities. More precisely, the spring of the development would reside in the constitution of a company of confidence, confidence which the State grants on the initiative individual, and especially confidence which the individuals grant to the State, are recognized between them and are done with themselves. It would be in particular this " éthos of confiance" who, by hustling traditional taboos and by supporting the innovation, mobility, the competition, the rational and responsible initiative, would have allowed the development of Western Europe these last centuries.
Throughout his political career, Alain Peyrefitte was a close relation of the general De Gaulle. He publishes " thus; It was of Gaulle" , collection of matter of the de Gaulle general appeared in three volumes, the first in 1994 and the posthumous last of manner, in 2000.
Alain Peyrefitte also collaborated in several newspapers and reviews, of which the Figaro.
Mandate of Deputy
- appointed (UNR, UDR then RPR) of Seine-et-Marne in all the legislatures of Ve République (1958, 1962, 1967, 1968, 1973, 1978, January 1982, 1986, 1988, 1993).
Mandate of senator
- general adviser of the Bray-on-Seine of 1964 with 1988 (first vice-president of the General advice, of 1982 with 1988,
- mayor of Layered branches of 1965 has 1997
- where there remains president of the majority municipal group.
Political officegeneral secretary of the movement gaullist, U.D.R.
- Secretary of State near the Prime Minister, in charge of the Information of the Government Georges Pompidou (1) (from April 14th to September 11th, 1962)
- Deputy secretary near the Prime Minister, charged with the Repatriates of the government Georges Pompidou (1) (from September 11th to November 28th, 1962)
- Minister for the Information of the Government Georges Pompidou (2) (from December 6th, 1962 to January 8th, 1966)
- Minister of state, in charge with the Scientific research and the atomic and space Questions of the Government Georges Pompidou (3) (from January 8th, 1966 to April 6th, 1967)
- Minister for the State education of the Government Georges Pompidou (4) (from April 6th, 1967 to May 28th, 1968)
- Minister in charge for the Administrative reforms of the Government Pierre Messmer (2) (from April 5th, 1973 to February 27th, 1974)
- Minister for the cultural Affairs and Environment of the Government Pierre Messmer (3) (from March 1st to May 28th, 1974)
- Minister of Justice, Minister for the Justice of the Government Raymond Barre (2) (from March 30th, 1977 to April 5th, 1978)
- Minister of Justice, Minister for the Justice of the Government Raymond Barre (3) (from April 5th, 1978 to May 22nd, 1981)
- 1946 : Street of Ulm, chronicles of the life normalienne
- 1947: the feeling of confidence , test
- 1948: ruffled reeds , Romance
- 1949: the myth of Pénélope , test
- 1961: should Algeria be divided? , test
- 1973: When China wakes up… the world will tremble , test
- 1976: French evil , test
- 1981: horses of the lake Ladoga - justice enters the extremes , test
- 1983: When the pink fades , test
- 1985: Still an effort, Mr. President , test
- 1989: motionless empire or the shock of the worlds , historical account
- 1990: the Chinese tragedy , test
- 1995: the company of confidence
- 1997: China woke up .
- 1994 - 2000: It was de Gaulle , memories
- Biographical note of the French Academy
- Speech of reception to the French Academy
- Radioscopy of Alain Peyrefitte Ina Files Tele
|Random links:||Libro de los juegos | Partition (mathematics) | -710 | VolapÃ¼k | Antef III | Canton of Courrières | Metropolitan region of El Salvador | Williams,_Arizona|