Ain Benian (in the past Guyotville ) is a town of Algérie located on the Algerian coastal strip, in the West of Algiers, approximately 16 kilometers. She is inhabited by 80 000 people but this number soon will be modified considering a new city is in construction, in order to place the disaster victims of the seism of the June 21st 2003 of Boumerdes. She benefits today from the restoration of her marina El Djemila (ex it Madrague). She also profits from many services such as three showroom of cars, 12 pharmacists and several specialist physicians.
GeographyThrough the trunk road n°11, it constitutes a point of relay between the Western zone and the zone East of the of Algiers coast, in spite of its insulation of the other neighbouring cities because of the natural obstacles which surround it, by North and the West. It is limited to North by the Mediterranean, to the East by the heights of Bouzéréah and to the South by Oued Beni Messous.
On the administrative level, Ain-Bénian with its 1326,5 hectares divides borders with Hammamet and Beni Messous in the East, and Chéraga in the south and the west. During the administrative cutting of 1984, Ain-Bénian became one of the communes of the Wilaya de Tipaza, in spite of the 65 km which separate it from the place chief of Tipaza. After the creation of the Governorship of Large Algiers, Ain-Bénian joined its place with the communes of the capital and it constitutes with those of Chéraga, Dely Ibrahim, Hammamet, Ouled Fayet the administrative unit of Chéraga.
On the topographic level, Ain-Bénian is characterized by:
A coastal strip of 10 km on the Mediterranean Northern and Western side The hill of Ain-Bénian with a light slope which varies 0% and 10%, and which constitutes 80% of the entire surface of the city. A good quality of the grounds from the composition point of view, where it introduces a resistance raised to the great projects of constructions like tourist complexes or industrialists.
The zip code of the east city: 16202
Development of the population
- 1845 : Creation of the city:
- 1846 : 20 agricultural families.
- 1852 : 53 French families, 19 Spanish and Algerian.
- 1866 : 131 French and 190 Spanish.
- 1874 : Promotion of the city in commune:
- 1876 : 595 inhabitants, including 337 foreigner (Spanish and Italian or different) and 5 Algerians.
- 1901 : 2 821 inhabitants, including 840 Italians, 908 Spaniards and 1 073 between French and Algerians.
- 1906 : 3 507 inhabitants, including 91 Algerians.
- 1926 : 5 065 inhabitants, of which 4 057 Europeans and 1 008 Algerians.
- 1936 : 6 726 inhabitants, of which 2 712 inhabitants of French nationality (of French or Algerian origin), 116 Spaniards and 217 Italians of French nationality, 2 552 Algerians, 720 Spaniards, 294 Italians, 23 Europeans, 92 Morrocans and Tunisians.
- 1945 : end of the Second world war
- 1948: 8 050 inhabitants, of which 4 216 inhabitants of French nationality, 3 361 Algerians, 198 Morrocans and Tunisians and 273 Europeans (Spanish or Italian).
- 1954 : Release of the revolution of national release.
- 1954 : 1 2000 inhabitants, of which approximately 5 000 Algerian.
- 1960 : 21 000 inhabitants.
- 1962 : 25 000 inhabitants, whose majority was Algerians (approximately 8 000 Europeans).
- 1962 : independence, Europeans leaving the country.
- 1966 : 17 407 inhabitants.
- 1977 : 26 432 inhabitants.
- 1987 : 35 775 inhabitants.
- 1995 : 45 885 inhabitants.
- 1998 : 51 765 inhabitants.
- 2000 : 53 608 inhabitants.
- 2005 : 60 630 inhabitants.
History of the cultural life in Ain-Bénian
Ain-Bénian can be also distracted. Cultural activities doing of it one of the cities most dynamic and most alive of the of Algiers metropolis. Since 1888, a group musical creates the quadrant , the cultural organization oldest under the direction of the chief Mairelet type-setter. The statutes of the Quadrant are approved by the prefecture on September 5th, 1892, its seat will be located at the site of the splendid cinema, built in 1892 and increased thereafter. Each month a concert is given by the Quadrant , it becomes famous and moves much, Staouëli, Zéralda, Chéraga, etc
Several personalities known in the village, belonged to the Quadrant as president, member of the office or band master. Until the second world war will be the golden age of the musical organization, all the population helping with its activity. In its many displacements, it is distinguished with Mr. Adorno (mayor of 1924 has 1932) as harvest and band master the first and the second price with the contest of Algiers in 1892, Médéa 1894, contest international of Marcielle 1895, Blida 1896 and 1898, Algiers 1895 and 1899, Sens 1904 when it was a triumph, just as has Saint-Denis 1907. Then the war came where the Quadrant was put in sommeille, it takes again its activities in 1919 with in the chair Mrs. Simoné (old mayor of 1919 has 1923). In 1929, it is distinguished with the Festival from Oran. When Mr. Adorno takes his retirement in 1945, Mr. Sébe succeeds to him as band master leading the formation to the contest of Algiers in 1950 with the festival of Hussein Dey and Bir Khadem.
In addition to the Quadrant , the Patriot another clicks musical will be creates in 1906. She will take part has many demonstrations in Algeria and metropolis. Towards end of the year 60, two folk troops (Ittebalene) made their appearance, one with the large rock directed by Dali and the other in Ain-Bénian directed by Boukazia known as Boulghita .
After independence several famous artists came to occur has Ain-Bénian in particular to celebrate the festival of the village which unrolled each year until 1965, among its artists Chérif Khadem, Akli Yahyten, etc Other artists and singers came regularly to Ain-Bénian such as: Deriassa, Khlifi Ahmed, Dahmane El Harrachi, Boudjemaâ El Ankis, Abdelkader Chaou, Seloua, etc for the Algerian modern music and Hassene El Hassani for the theater. In 1964 of young schoolboys form a modern group of music influenced by the Masters of the chaâbi who came to occur has Ain-Bénian, they convert some time later has this style of music and form a local group of chaâbi then.
It is into 1969 that the first modern group of music is formed under the initials of the JFLN. It is composed of Ali Boumehrazen (Bassiste), Ali Kaoud (guitarist), Mohamed Idjer (orguist), Mustapha Bichouk (beater). The JFLN will open with blooming culture in Ain-Bénian (folklore, choral, modern music, theater, etc) and it will form a multitude of musicians of singers and artists from where emerged from the groups such as:
Imghidenes in 1978 with Djebri Ahmed, Azzoug Rabah, Harrat Mohamed and Harrat Meziane.
- Soummam in 1979 with Hammache Zahir, Fezouine Rachid, Kader Has Combined and Merzak.
- Rostomide in 1980 with Kaoud Ali, Iidjer Mohamed, Amrouche Mohamed, Mustapha Sherif and Hadji hacéne.
- Ifouika (Falcon) in 1983 with Ali Tenki, Lyes Djoubir, Kamel Kaoud, Idir Miloudi, Zahir Hammache and Rachid Fezouine.
- theatrical Troop Achbal in 1983 with Mustapha Allouane and other young organizers.
- Brothers in 1987 with Ali Kaoud, Djamel Kaoud, Karim Kaoud, Boulem Ladih and Mohamed (drebki).
- theatrical Troop El Ahrars in 1992 with Hocine Djebri, Mohamed Ibelaidene, Kader Affak and Bellel Abidi.
- theatrical Troop Rupture in 1995 with Hocine Djebri, Kader Affak and Bellel Abidi.
Located at the West of the city, the zone of El Djamila (ex it Madrague) constitutes the current tourist area, such as it at summer defined by the SDAT (Master development plan tourist). It is composed by:
tourist agglomerated spaces: an individual whole of dwelling of colonial type (1 036 villas and 15 cottages) and of modern type Algerian, a whole of tourist equipment and relaxation in particular of the restaurants of international repute and a pleasure and fishing port.
- the tourist zone of expansion: located at the South-west of the commune, it occupies a surface of 57 ha, it comprises a ground intended for the purification plant of 22 ha, and beaches. This zone has tourist values very important.
The tourist activities in Ain-Bénian is summarized in:
- a marina and fishing of El Djamila.
- Several restaurant of famous international, which present typically local gastronomical specialities, dishes made up of fish and seafood, of which certain with these restaurants are equipped with terraces on the seaside with panoramic sights.
- many small beaches, consisted of soft sand and rock, they are roofs during the summer season. Amongst other things, the beach El Djamila, the Mediterranean beach, the beach of youth, the beach El bahdja, the beach the Fountain, the beach savoyant and the Beach the small island.
- For more “information on the town of Ain-Béian you can visit the Web site of local association " NABLA"
|Random links:||Guillermo II | Scipion Émilien | The Quillebeuf-on-Seine | Type-setters C | Googleplex | Patrick Beven | 1752_au_Canada|