A AIBO is a dog Robot of company developed and marketed by Sony. He saw the day officially the May 11th 1999.
Les AIBOs can move, see their environment and recognize vocal orders. They are regarded as being autonomous robots and can learn and mature under control of their owner, stimuli coming from their environment or thanks to other robots.
In addition, the AIBOs were conceived in order to be characterial and do not obey the orders systematically (a little like the Tamagotchi S).
The initial prototype produced in 1997 was baptized Mutant .
Sony marketed model ERS-110 like first genuine robot of company in June 1999. 5.000 units were produced of which 3.000 were reserved for the Japanese market. These last were sold in the 20 minutes space. The 2.000 other units were reserved for the USA, where they were past in 4 days.
The January 26th 2006, Sony announces at the same time as its financial results, the abandonment of any development concerning its Aibo robots and Qrio to center itself on more profitable segments. At this occasion, on January 28th, 2006, a petition of protest is put on line and collects two months later 473 signatures of the whole world.
The various models marketed to date are the following:
- ERS-110 (June 1999)
- ERS-210 (November 2000)
- ERS-210A Supercore (2001), an evolution of the 210 with faster material and an increased memory, new colors (solves also the problems hardware of DHS of the 210 (head which fall))
- ERS-220 (November 2001), even architecture that the 210A Supercore but laying out of a look much more robot and laying out of a frontal flashlight)
- ERS-311 \ 312 (October 2001) model developed with an economic concern; 2 different personalities also called LM (slat Macaroon)
- PUG ERS-31L (model reserved for US) maroon with the standard facies bulldog
- ERS-31B (model reserved in Japan) model equipped with Bluetooth and having a baize fur
- ERS-7 (September 2003)
- evolution of the software " MIND" with the passing of years bringing always more functionalities. This software is compatible with all the ERS-7.
- Mind 1
- Mind 2
- Mind 3 (September 2005)
- QRIO, the prototype of Robot of company humanoïde of Sony
- Genibo, the “successor” Korea N of Aibo of the company Dasatech
- Aibo-FR.org: The site of the community of Robot-like Aibo
- Zone: find all models AIBO
- URBI: A simple and powerful tool to program Aibo
- the site of Bender Photographs, vidéos, list of the vocal orders
- Roborama.net: Life with the robots of company, the life with AIBO
- Highness, a aibo pearl black ERS-7
- Probotics: shop of robots which sells of Aibos (deliverable in the whole world)
- W/BO Project - a project of Wi-Fi detection by AIBO
|Random links:||Henri Ier de Bourbon-Cop | Rational Modeling Language | Leonce Lagarde | Passage Bourg- the Abbot | Eurobowl 1990 | Colline_de_Karl_Fredrik|