A first department of the “Adda” was created on July 9th, 1797 in the République cisalpine, with for chief town Lodi and Crema, each of the two cities having to assume this role alternatively every two years.
November 5th, 1797, a second named department “Adda-and-Oglio” (chief town Morbegno) was created to integrate Valteline and the counties of Chiavenna and Bormio, separated from the Grisons on June 19th, 1797 and annexed to the Republic cisalpine the next on October 22nd. December 3rd, 1797, its chief town was transferred to Sondrio.
Adda disappeared at the time of the departmental reorganization of September 1st, 1798, while it Adda-and-Oglio disappeared during the second creation of the Republic cisalpine in 1800, become later Italian République.
Following the transformation of the Italian Republic into Kingdom of Italy, the Italian departments underwent a new modification, and the law of June 8th, 1805 recreated the department of Adda (Sondrio chief town), but corresponding to the old department of Adda-and-Oglio.
- List of the old departments of Italy
|Random links:||Shawnee | Theory of the social sciences | Gnothi seauton | David Mankaba | Nashville 84 | Otterville,_Iowa|