The Acid house is a kind of Electronic music, alternative of the House, which is characterized by the use of generating of simple sounds and filters of resonance controls by the rate/rhythm. It is in the middle of the Années 1980 that the producers of house discover the interesting sounds that it is possible to create with the Roland TB-303, a Synthétiseur of low Analogique, by changing the Frequency cut-off, the Résonance, the temporal Enveloppe and the stressing while playing. Appeared with Chicago, the disc regarded as the first of the kind is Acid Trax , of Phuture, left on the Trax label in 1987. The acid house is introduced shortly after in Great Britain and quickly becomes an central element of the scene turnip, the yellow Smiley while being the emblem.
Origin of the termThere exist conflict explanations on the origin of the term acid , and how it came from there to indicate this style of house music, but the majority are not based on reliable sources for confirmation or invalidation. One can quote in particular:
; Reference to LSD: some consider that the first artists producing this kind of music, as well as the public of the club S where she was played, appreciated this Drogue and its interactions with the music. Genesis P-Orridge, principal member of the experimental collective Psychic TV, is considered by some like the origin of this assertion. P-Orridge asserted several times the responsibility for the invention of the term and the style of music, but at least a ex-member of Psychic TV disputes that. In an interview of documentary the Better Living room Through Circuitry (1999), P-Orridge recognizes that it is about an employee of a record dealer of Chicago which used the term acid to describe the oddest discs, the most experimental products by the scene house, and which P-Orridge required to listen to. P-Orridge tells to be illuminated with the listening of this music, explaining why the music was not really psychedelic, if it is not by the effect of its rate/rhythm. Thereafter, the music and the imagery of Psychic TV were very deliberately influenced by the acid house, including in its praises of the LSD. ; Reference to drugs Psychédélique S in general: some claim that the Ecstasy was more popular than the LSD among the musicians and the public of the nightclubs in the middle of the years 1980. There exist many sources on the importance of the ecstasy in the scenes related on the British Rave party and the nightclubs states-uniens at the end of the years 1980, but on this date, the acid house already received its name. ; Use to indicate the sounds characteristic of the synthetizer Roland TB-303: some regard these sounds as hard and caustic, such of the acid, and/or associate these sounds for purposes or images of “bubbling acid”, such as one can find some in cinematographic representations of laboratories. If it is true that the term was used in the Années 1990 (and afterwards) to indicate the musics making of the TB-303 a use similar to that done in the acid house, it is impossible in the case of to confirm or cancel the recourse to this metaphor the term acid house itself. ; Use at the time in Chicago to indicate the music in the style of the " acid piece of Ron Hardy" : Before the piece Acid Tracks of Phuture does not receive a name and is not the subject of a pressing commercial vinyl, he was played in club by the DJ Ron Hardy. This piece had immediately met a massive success, and had been seen named " Ron Hardy' S Acid Track" because it “put fire at the dancefloor like acid”. The title chosen by Phuture followed and the term acid house passed in the current language to indicate house sounding in a similar way, without reference to drugs. ; Use at the time in Chicago to describe the house containing of many samples other discs: The use of such Sample S was perceived as not very scrupulous: some think that the term acid (or acid burning ) comes from the search for a negative connotation. This explanation was largely hawked by the press, and even by the House of Commons the British. However, there exist at least two reasons to refute this explanation:
- the first artists of house borrowed sounds of one disc from the other, but the majority of the compositions of acid house were entirely original;
- In 1991, the British Paul Staines admitted having lied by giving this explanation in front of the House of Commons, to discourage the adoption of a légistalion anti-turnips.
- 808 State : British formation originating in Manchester, formed in 1989. Their first album, Newbuild , are acid house, and influences of acid house are felt on the more recent pieces.
- Acid Junkies : Paranoid Experiment (LP)
- Adonis: We' Re Rockin Down The House , The Poke
- has Guy Called Gerald: Voodoo Ray
- Aphex Twin : for its old pieces of acid house like the Analog Bubblebath , like Analord (2005), in the same way made up that first pieces of acid house.
- Armando : 100% off Disin' You , The Future , Land Off Confusion , Radikal Bitch
- Ceephax Acid Crew: group end of the Années 1990 but which borrows from the acid house its esthetics and its methods.
- Chip E: Like This , Yew You Only Knew
- The KLF: pioneers of the sound “stadium house”, which Miss acid house, hip-hop, pop, and of the rock'n'roll influences.
- Phuture : group of Chicago, pioneers of the acid house, formed in 1985 and known particularly for their individual of 1987, Acid Tracks .
- Psychic TV: collective carried out by the ex- Throbbing Gristle, Genesis P-Orridge, for albums such as The Jack (1988). The term “acid house” appears the first time on the small pocket of their individual Superman 1985.
- The Shamen : formation techno of Aberdeen in Scotland, formed in 1986. One of the first groups to introduce the sounds acid house and techno into the pop
- Tyree Cooper: Acid Over 1987
- Luke Vibert : Modern Acid house.
Pages in report/ratio
- Acid-House.net, site of fan on the acid house
- Acid E-Group House: mailing list devoted to the acid house
- Jahsonic: History of the acid house
|Random links:||Morfin Gaunt | Arachnoïde | Craig Van Sickle | Taraf de Haïdouks | Actualization of the intellectual potential | Mohamed_AG_Hamani_d'Ahmed|