Achillée cream slice
The achillée cream slice ( Achillea millefolium ) still called grass of Midsummer's Day , grass with turkey , grass with the carpenter , is a long-lived herbaceous plant of the family of the Astéracées.
The plant has several vulgar names of which here most current; the grass with the cuts, bleaches on grass with the carpenters, with the soldiers, bleed-nose, eyebrow of Venus, bleaches on grass of Saint-Joseph, Midsummer's Day and with the coachmen.
It is a long-lived stoloniferous plant, with the stems varying from 18 to 80 cm, with the sheets finely bipennatilobées, doubly pennate green dark, very lengthened and cut out in fine short thin straps. The flowers are often white, pink or crimsons. The florets of the center (flowers out of tube) are yellowish. The flowerheads at the tops of the stems form ombelles.
- reproductive bodies:
- Standard of inflorescence: corymbe of flowerheads
- distribution of the sexes: gynodioïque
- Standard of pollination: entomogame
- Period of flowering: June at September
- Standard of fruit: Akène
- Mode of dissemination: anémochore
- Habitat and distribution: Standard Eurasia
- Habitat: meadows médioeuropéennes, mesohydric
- Surface of distribution: eurasiatique
- essential Oil (azulene, Cinéole, germacrane, Camphor, chamazulene…)
- Flavonoïde S (Apigénine 7-glucoside, artémétine, casticine, isorhamnétine, lutéoline-7-glucoside, rutin, 5-hydroxy-3,6,7,4-tetraméthoxyflavone)
- Alkaloid S (achicéine, achilléine (synonymous potential of L-bétonicine), bétonicine, moschatine, stachydrine, trigonelline)
- Bases (betain, Choline)
- Polycetylene S
- Monoterpène S (bornéol, acetate of bornyl, camphor, 1,8-cinéole, limonene, sabinene, terpinene-4-ol, terpineol, a-thujone)
- Amino-acid (alanine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, histidine, leucine, lysin, proline, valin)
- Fatty-acids (linoleic, myristic, oleic, palmitic, stearic)
- Ascorbic acid
- Cafeic acid
- Folic acid
- Salicylic acid
- Succinic acid
- Coumarin S
- Tannin S
- reputation of the plant as medicinal goes back to prehistory, as shows it made archaeological research with Shanidar in Iraq. The men of Néandertal seemed to have a rudimentary Pharmacie based on the plants, and one of the eight plants identified by means of the grains of pollen found on this layer was achillée.
the Greek Dioscoride (Ier century) was first has to mention the cream slice like an incomparable plant to treat the wounds bleeding as well as the old or recent ulcers.
In IVe century, the doctor of Bordeaux Marcellus Empiricus was to take again this thesis to recommend the cream slice against the bleedings.
Until the XIXe century, it was used to accelerate the cicatrization. It is a plant edible which one can use the flowers and sheets with the tonic properties, digestive, hemostatic, antispasmodic, emménagogues, hypotensives, antihémorroïdales.
During the First World War, a male nurse, for lack of drug, looked after light wounds with this plant.
Yi Jing (the Book of the changes)
- Left used: Whole plant
- Property: Antispasmodique, Emménagogue, healing, tonic, Peptic
- Directions for use: Infusion, dyeing, liquid extract, juice.
Used as cosmetic and in many liquor, it is contra-indicated during the pregnancy.
regional photographic Flora
|Random links:||Moderate (musical theory) | Sulfinuz | Akhlamad | Tourism in Hauts-de-Seine | Aaron Temkin Beck | d'Amboise_de_Château|