See also: Achères
The inhabitants are the Achérois . __TOC
The commune of Achères is in edge of the Seine in a loop of the river, out of left bank, in edge and in the north of the Forêt of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer. The communal territory which marries this loop has a little the form of a Cornue, a crescent along the Seine with a kind of bulge in the west where is the inhabited part. It does not skirt however the river over all its length, certain communal territories of cities mainly located on Right Bank having a fringe on left bank.
The communes bordering are Houses-Laffitte on approximately 400 meters in the south-south-east, of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer in the south, Poissy in south-east, Carrières-sous-Poissy on hardly 350 meters with the west-south-west extréme, of Andrésy in the west, Conflans-Holy-Honorine in north, Herblay in the North-East, and of the Hoop-on-Seine in the east, these two last communes belonging to the department of the Val-d'Oise.
The main axes of cirulation crossing the commune are the Trunk road 186 driving with Conflans-Holy-Honorine towards north and with Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer towards the south and the secondary road 30 which starts with the right of main road 186 and carries out towards the south to Plaisir.
Achères is served by a branch of the RER has with the Gare of Achères - City.
The Station of Achères - Large Cormier serves the old site of railway sorting near to Achères, in the forest of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer.
HistoryCité in an old document of the 10th century under the name of Villa Apiarias (in Latin villa of the hives ), the name of “Achères” itself would come from old French aschier who means apiary.
- Site inhabited since the Neolithic time . One also belonged to the traces of Gallo-Roman habitat.
- 1847 with 1855: construction, by the farmers of Achères, of a dam of protection against the floods due to believed of the the Seine, work monumental six kilometers length enters the bridge of Conflans and Poissy.
- 1882 : establishment of the marshalling yard in limit of the Forest of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer to the locality of the Cormier . This activity durably will bind the commune to the presence of the Cheminot S. Aujourd'hui, following the example that of Trappes, the marshalling yard is closed. In remembering this past, a small multi-coloured goods truck was installed in the middle of the space of circulation between the buildings of the town hall.
- 1889 : establishment of the sewage farms of sewages of the town of Paris on the agricultural land repurchased by expropriation.
- the April 29th 1899, Camille Jenatzy, at the wheel of the “Jamais Satisfies” exceeds for the first time the 100km/h. Its record is precisely established with 105,882 km/h. The name of Never Satisfies was given to the place located between the back of the church and the town hall (side entered of the library).
- 1940 : creation of the Purification plant () called today “Seine-Aval” and which extends mainly on the communal territory from Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer.
- Saint Martin's day Church: church dating from the 12th century whose bell-tower was restored in 1904.
- Roman ruins of Wild rabbits.
- Library Paul Éluard
- the Pandora cinema located place of the church, has the label Art and Essai. In three rooms, he proposes programming varied for many people.
- Common residential
- Zone of activities (developed with beginning of the year 90).
- Sand pits.
- Station of Cleansing of water. This factory which treats the effluents of part of the Paris and its suburbs, are equivalent to approximately 6 million inhabitants, extends on 800 hectares, mainly on the territory of the commune of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer. It is the most important purification plant of Europe (Second in the world by the volume of water treated behind that of Chicago).
- Achères also had a station of Triage specialized for the transport of the industry of Automobile S of the North-West of the Paris and its suburbs, which today is closed.
TransportThe commune is served by two Gare S:
- Achères - Large Cormier which is located on the commune of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer
- Achères - City
- , to see on German-speaking Wikipédia
|Random links:||Star Trek: The new generation | List stock-brokers Killam, alphabetically O | The Fortune of Gaspard | Mantongouiné | Circleville (Ohio) | Graham,_la_Géorgie|