David McNeil (born on June 22nd 1946 in High Falls, New York, returned to France in 1948) is an author, type-setter, interprets songs, also author of novels.
Its songs, amongst other things, were interpreted by Yves Montand ( Hollywood , Couleurs , Nostalgie of Angie …), Alain Souchon ( Casablanca , I want leather , Normandy Lusitania ), Julien Clerc ( Mélissa , Helene , Adventures with water …) but also Jacques Dutronc, Sacha Distel, Robert Charlebois, Renaud, Laurent Voulzy.
After having described its childhood with his/her father, the painter Marc Chagall, in his book Some steps in the steps of an angel , it published in 2006 Tangage and rolling with the Gallimard editions. Its last book Angie or twelve measurements of a blues left on May 16th, 2007, always at Gallimard.
Group Captain Crash landing
- At time when the abbots
- Chuck Berry strikes again
- lamentable history of Simon Wiesenthal
- Beverly Hills
- Cynthia, its tower and the satyr centaur
- In the town of Antwerp
- the fairy
- Acapulco Gold
- Two thousand two hundred cigarettes
. Words and musics of David McNeil. Pierre Barouh plays of the piano, and Jacques Higelin of the accordion. the assassination - Marcellin, bread and wine - Morning - the water-bus - Show biz blues - Song for Lady Jane - Song for Lenny Bruce - Lasso Lucy - the massacre of spring - As with the TV - the knight tastevin - Hollywood . Words and musics of David McNeil.
I already made my arch (I await the animals) - Rue Simon Bolivar - Honolulu Lulu - the professor said - The Campbells are coming (yoho!) - Apocalypso-rock'n'roll - Maxie, Madge and sometimes Dicky Wagner - Annapurna - Papa played of the rock'n'roll . Words and musics of David McNeil. Funky-punky - With the bar of Styx - Magician - the great lady of the French song - Song for Duke - Lady Wurlitzer - photographs of Doisneau - Dance - De Benson in P.4 - Old man in the middle tattooed . Words and musics of David McNeil, except photographs of Doisneau (McNeil/Treese Jack). Laurent Voulzy takes part in the choruses, and it signs arrangements of Danse . Roule baba cool - Si far from Sarah, of Marianne… - Lapointe in Pitre (West-Indian imagination) - My guitar and me - My God protects your clowns - Those who live about it, those which die about it - If I had been Pâris - 40, rue Monsieur le Prince - the brothers O' Leary - the girl with the pullover . Words and musics of David McNeil.
- I already made my arch (1975)
Backpack-Alpenstock - Boulevard Sébastopol - Cicada - Wimbledon - West coast - time that Pat Garrett descends Billy Kid - Couleurs - Tourcoing-Dacca-Tourcoing - Paris-Brussels - Two mentholated, three mandolines - Bye bye Bob Dylan - Nathalie S. Paroles and musics of David McNeil.
- Backpack-Alpenstock (1980)
Tiramisu - Pullovers - Tropical tramp - the saleswoman of the paper mill - Busy of Passy - Only in your corner - New York City - Little sister - Gipsy - Elects - Puns-Carambars - All these things . Words and musics of David McNeil, except Little sister (McNeil/Alain Souchon), Busy of Passy (McNeil/Jean-Claude Petit), All these things (McNeil/Jean-Pierre Auffredo),
- From Hollywood to Babylon (compilation, 1990)
- Ten years of Saravah (compilation, 1990)
- Only in your corner (1991)
new Titles being reproduced on this compilation: Don' T let your chance go by (1968) - Space Planes (1968) - Indigo (1968) - The Machine (1968) - Linda (1969) - My Love (1969) - Blue jean (1977) - Dis me why (1977) - prophets and the Manitobans (1977). One finds also titles appeared out-albums: Everyone can play of the rock' roll (1981) - Chanteur thirty years, pace slim (1981) - Prière leave my heart in the state where found it to you while entering there… (1982) - the love is child of Bohemian (1982) - Monte Carlo (in Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young) (1981) - the hell is in the bag (1984). Street Simon Bolivar - In the town of Antwerp - With the bar of Styx - I already made my arch (with Maxime the Forester) - the photographs of Doisneau - Papa played of the rock'n'roll - remember Louisa (with Robert Charlebois) - Vieil man in the middle tattooed - Pull-over - Tourcoing-Dacca-Tourcoing (with Laurent Voulzy) - Couleurs - Fable - Tiramisu - the water-bus (with Renaud) - Lasso Lucy - Busy of Passy - Wimbledon (with Julien Clerc) - Gipsy - New York City (with Toots Thielemans) - Only in your corner (with Alain Souchon) - Hollywood (with all the artists). Words and musics of David McNeil, except photographs of Doisneau (McNeil/Treese Jack).
- the years Saravah (compilation, 1994)
- years RCA - Integral 1978-1982 (double compilation, 1995)
the camouflaged singers are: Robert Charlebois, Julien Clerc, Maxime the Forester, Renaud, Alain Souchon and Laurent Voulzy.
- When the letter is pretty (McNeil/McNeil- Laurent Voulzy) by David McNeil and the camouflaged singers (except trade, 1996)
Interpreters of David McNeil (nonexhaustive list)
Except indication, all the quoted songs are written, for the words , by David McNeil alone. A title followed by an asterisk indicates a song adapted by David McNeil: the title of the original song is then specified between brackets.
In English (1983): Durango* (Syracuse) - Montsouris Park* (the garden) - Portobello* (fits with body It) - Brother* (My brother) - My cowboy song* (In the plains of Far West) - Against my will* (In spite of me) - Totting up* (addition) - Intermission* (Interlude) - My Clementine* (Clementine) - Hollywood Odyssey* (Hollywood) - Tangerine Luxious Fruit* (Blood) - One Bicycle* (the bicycle) - Fall Leaves* (dead sheets) . Montand sings McNeil (1984)
- Robert Charlebois : Léonie (joint author: Robert Charlebois) - the years De Gaulle (joint author: Robert Charlebois) - the wind (joint author: Robert Charlebois) - less old .
- Julien Clerc : Angela - Enough… enough - Sloops - indigo Blues - Scaffolding - Helene - I oublie* (Oblivion) - adventures with water - Mélissa - What you crois* (I get along very well without you) - Sexy - To Be gold not to Be bop - You am in alley - Volons towards the lune* (Fly me to the moon) - Y has more rock'n'roll in Tennessee .
- Catherine Deneuve : Paris Paris .
- Sacha Distel : so tender Song - Desperado - Jazz - Latin to coil .
- Jacques Dutronc : Short meetings - the pianist in a box in Ghent - Deckchair as a recluse .
- Elisabeth Anaïs & Sanseverino : Under the covers (joint author: Elisabeth Anaïs).
- Jean-Pierre Huser : Chinatown - Jonathan Schlum .
- Carole Laure : Y has that celle* (Anybody with the blues) .
- Philippe Lavil : Return to the creole box (joint author: Elisabeth Anaïs).
- Milva & Astor Piazzola : I oublie* (Oblivion) .
- Mireille Mathieu
- Yves Montand : two albums
Moreover, David McNeil signed the music of Boîte of chestnut puree waxing for Pierre Barouh.