At the vertebrate onesAt the Man, the abdomen (Latin word , is of abdere , to hide, or of the form adipomen , adeps , fat) is the area of the body located between the Thorax in top and the Petit basin in bottom, containing most of the digestive bodies. It is also called the belly .
Schematically, one can divide the abdomen into two parts:
- the abdominal cavity, ahead, containing the majority of the bodies of the digestive System.
- the rétropéritoine, behind, containing part of the urinary System.
Abdominal wallsThe abdomen of the man has the shape of vertical roll which one describes primarily four faces delimiting the abdominal cavity. The upper part of the abdomen is separated from the thoracic cavity by the Muscle diaphragm which takes the aspect of a dome with higher Convexité. The abdominal cavity is not materially separated from the cavity périnéale in bottom since there is no separation other than theoretical. This separation is defined by the entry of the basin and the limit of the Péritoine resting on the pelvic bodies. The abdominal cavity is limited ahead and outwards by a muscular belt made of the crossing of several abdominal muscles described low, and limited behind by the lumbar Rachis, the former face of the wings of the iliaque Os S and by the last floating coast S (XI in XIIe).
The antéro-external face of the abdominal cavity is limited by a succession of muscular and aponevrotic layers consisted of:
- right Muscle of the external abdomen
- oblique Muscle of the abdomen
- Muscle obliques intern of the transverse abdomen
- Muscle of the abdomen
In its posterior part, the wall of the abdomen presents the muscles small notched lower, large dorsal and square of the lombes.
RétropéritoineThe Kidney S, the Pancreas and of the important blood-vessels like the abdominal Aorta and the lower Vena cava are also regarded as parts of the abdomen, but are located in rétropéritoine.
Surface marks of the abdomenAt the man, one notes the scar Ombilic central ale, between the two right muscles of the abdomen, source sometimes of a déhiscence and a umbilical Hernie.
The umbilical perimeter makes it possible to measure a predictive parameter of cardiovascular disease. It reflects the abdominal fatty mass responsible for the insulinic resistance of the noninsulino-dependant diabetics and the metabolic syndromes.
In the invertebratesAt the Insect S, the abdomen corresponds to the segment located at the caudal end of the body. It makes following the head ( has on the diagram) and with the thoracic part ( B on the diagram).
See the article Abdomen of the insect.
- List of the muscles of the food human body
- abdominal Pain
- Belly dance
- Tortora, Gerald J., Anagnostakos, Nicholas P. (1984) Principles off Anatomy and Physiology , To grip & Row Publishers, New York ISBN 0-06-046656-1
- Gray, Henry, (1977) Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical (Gray' S Anatomy) Bounty Books
- Taber, Clarence Wilber, (1981) Taber' S medical Cyclopedic dictionary 14 Edition , F.A Davis Company, Philadelphia ISBN 0-8036-8307-3
|Random links:||Myxomycètes | Sidi Bou Saïd | Margaret MacDonald Mackintosh | Woody Strode | The Way of fortune | Position_générale|