Abbey of the Lily
HistoryThe origin goes up with a vault dedicated to the Blessed Virgin, who was the origin of the name of Dammarie (Marie Lady). In 1244, the Blanche queen of Castille founds the abbey of the Lily, which was one of most important about Cîteaux. In 1248, the nuns come from the abbey of Maubuisson settle there. In 1358, during the War One hundred Year old, it was destroyed, then rebuilt in two centuries and again in ruin during the Revolution.
- Architecture of the Lily
|Random links:||Louis-Honore Fréchette | District of Roanne | Thierry Fortineau | Jules Warnier | Tioukalinsk | Parc_militaire_national_de_Ridge_de_pois|