Blonde Redhead is a group of Rock New Yorkean.
- Kazu Makino : song, guitar, piano;
- Simone Pace : batteries;
- Amedeo Pace : guitar, song.
HistoryThe 3 members of this group met by chance in an Italian restaurant with the beginning of the year 1990. The bass player Maki Takahashi also formed part of the group until 1995.
The name of the group comes from Fair song the “redhead” of the group New Yorkean worship DNA with Arto Lindsay.
Their the first two albums Fair Redhead and Mia Vita Violenta left in 1994 and 1995 on the label Steve Shelley, beater of Sonic Youth. From the start, Blonde Redhead is immediately compared with this group. It is true that both share a taste for the dissonance and the sound experimentation: the song Futurism vs Passéism on their third album Fake Can Be Just As Good re-uses even a front of the song Cross The Breeze of very famous the Daydream Nation. The fourth album In year Expression off the Inexpressible, probably less “the general public”, has nevertheless some songs with the very clean production (Distilled, Futurism vs Passéism leaves 2) which contrast with the remainder of the album. One also notes winks with Serge Gainsbourg, on the song Missile ++ (at the end of the piece, the beater reproduces at identical the rate/rhythm famous of Requiem For an idiot, or with the resumption of Slogan). Dimensioned collaborations, Guy Piccioto (producing several albums of the group and member of Fugazi ) took part in the piece Futurism vs Passéism leaves 2 .
Up to now, the comparison with Sonic Youth is justified fully. However, Blonde Redhead off has a more pop fiber which will take the step as of their fifth album, Melody Certain Damaged Lemons, probably their best album to date. Good-bye noisy or almost, the massive arrival of piano, cords, as keyboards readily kitsch change gives it. The sixth album, Misery has Butterfly, left on the mythical label 4AD, confirms this change. This album has a sonority which is clean for him, at the same time old-fashioned and timeless, proof that Blonde Redhead belongs to these groups which one does not intend much to speak, and who continue their career out of the beaten paths. This album was designed nearly four years after Melody off Certain Damaged Lemons , Kazu Makino having been broken by a fall of horse: the song Equus and the artwork of the disc refer clearly there.
Their seventh album 23, is their last album in date, produced by Alan Moulder (Nine Inch Nails, U2, Smashing Pumpkins).
- 23 - LP/CD - 2007
- Misery has Butterfly - LP/CD - 4AD - 2004
- Mélodie Citronique - LP/CD - Touch and Go Records - 2001
- Melody off Certain Damaged Lemons - LP/CD - Touch and Go Records - 2000
- In year Expression off the Inexpressible - LP/CD - Touch and Go Records - TG196 (September 1998)
- Slogan/Limited Conversation - 7" - Touch and Go Records - TG188 (March 1998)
- Fake Edge Be Just Ace Good - LP/CD - Touch and Go Records - TG169 (March 1997)
- Symphony off Treble/Kazuality - 7" - Touch and Go Records - TG168 (January 1997)
- Mia Vita Forced - LP/CD - Smells Like Records - SLR018 (Fall 1995)
- Split 7" W Sammy - 7" - Nipple Hardness Factor Zine (Spring 1995)
- Douglas Flying/Harmony - 7" - Rough Trade - 45rev36 (Winter 1995)
- 10 Feet High/Valentine - 7" - Smells Like Records - SLR014 (Winter 1995)
- Fair Redhead - LP/CD - Smells Like Records - SLR011 (be 1994)
- Vague/Jet Star - 7" - Smells Like Records - SLR007 (be 1994)
- Big Song/Amescream - 7" - OXO Records - OXO009 (be 1993)
- Official site of the group
- myspace page of the group http://www.myspace.com/blonderedhead
- nonofficial Site
|Random links:||Montelibretti | Hunzenschwil | List predictions of the end of the world | Keys of the paradise | Mathurin Julien Dalibourg|