This page relates to the year 987 Calendrier Julien.
- May 21st: Sudden death of the king Louis V Lazy the following a fall of horse.
- July 3rd: Advent of Hugues Capet, great nephew of the count Eudes of Paris. He is crowned king de France with Noyon.
- It was elected a few days earlier with Senlis, by the Large ones of the kingdom with the assistance of the influential archbishop of Rheims Adalbéron which draws aside the candidature of the last Carolingien Charles of Lorraine (death in 992), uncle of Louis V. He profits from the support of the archbishop of Rheims Adalbéron, of Richard without Peur of Normandy, Gerbert d' Aurillac (future Sylvestre II) and of his brother Henri of Burgundy.
- Foundation, at the time of the advent of Hugues Capet, of the dynasty capétienne in France; end of the dynasty of the Carolingian .
- Charles of Lorraine and Arnoul, wire of Lothaire and new archbishop of Rheims is stopped during a dinner to which Adalbéron de Laon had invited them. The towns of Rheims and Laon are restored in Hugues.
- July 21st: After the death of his/her father Geoffroy Ier '' Grisegonelle '', Foulques III of Anjou, known as Foulques Nerra , becomes count d' Anjou and will remain it until its death (in 1040).
- December 25th: Hugues Capet associates his son Robert with the throne of France, notion hereditary of the royal function. Robert marries Rozzala, girl of Bérenger of Italy and widow of Arnoul II of Flanders.
Hugues Capet has only some scattered grounds between Senlis and Orleans and the support of rather many bishops. Its weakness makes the force of its dynasty, the feudal ones not seeking to link itself to fight it. They wear in reciprocal fights. During one century, the capétiens will be satisfied to be essential little by little in their reduced field of Île-de-France.
- Raid of Almanzor against Asturies. It ransacks Saint-Jacques-with-Compostelle.
- the Byzantine emperor Basile II requests the assistance of Vladimir Ier of Kiev to fight the rebellion of Bardas Phocas and Bardas Sklèros in Asia Mineure. Vladimir accepts on the condition of marrying Anna Porphyrogénète, sister of the emperor. This one accepts, provided that Vladimir receives the baptism.
- the New Maya Empire , period known as Maya - toltèque begins with the Mexico.
- the biographer and Arab writer Ibn Al-Nadim inventories in its collection Kitab-Al-Fihrist all the Arab and Persan great authors according to an encyclopedic plan.
- the mosque of Cordoue is increased by Almanzor.
Births in 987
Death in 987
May 21st: Louis V, king de France.
- July 21st: Geoffroy Ier '' Grisegonelle '', count d' Anjou of 960 with 987.
Map-bms: 987 Simple: 987
|Random links:||Cross-of-the-Rochette | Kiikoinen | King mineral | Toshiki Yui | Season 1993 of the gold helmet|