This page relates to the year 985 Calendrier Julien.
- Beginning of the reign of Rajaraja II, king of Chola of Tanjore in India of the South (fine in 1014).
- Uttama Chola, unpopular king, must yield the Chola throne to its nephew Rajaraja. This last restores the Chola power of the extreme south until the Orissa in the East and Quilon and Coorg in the west. It invades the country of Chera, that of the Pandya, then Ceylon of which it plunders the capital Anuradhapura. It annexes the country Karnataka, then combined with the king Châlukya of the east Vimaladitya, it helps it to conquer the country Andhra. Lastly, it annexes temporarily the Kedah (Malaysia) and the Maldives then is devoted to the administration of its States.
- Based by Saldjük, the Turkish dynasty seldjoukide, resulting from the family of Oghuz (Kinik tribe), coming from Djand on the Syr-Daria, settles in Transoxiane in the area of Bukhara. The Seldjoukides become mercenaries with the service of the Samanides. Saldjük is put with its sons at the service of the Karakhanides of Bukhara. The first name of wire of Saldjük, Mikaël and Israel (turquized in Arslan), lets suppose that the family is of Christian or Jewish origin.
- June/ July: The armies Moors under the control of Al-Mansur advance victoriously until Barcelona. The city is destroyed, its inhabitants are made prisoners without the king of the Francs not answering their call. The Juifs of the city are massacred.
- Beginning of the reign of Sven Ier Tveskaegg (with the beard fourchue), king of Denmark (fine in 1014).
- the colonization of the Greenland begins under control from Erik the Red.
Gdańsk (Danzig) is rested by Polish colonists.
Russian Forwarding against the Bulgarian of the Volga. Signature of a treaty of friendship and trade. The Russians profit from the exchanges between the Bulgarian ones and the Arabs.
Art & culture
- In India of the South, the reign of Rajaraja is marked by a strong production of literature tamoule.
- Of return as of its campaigns, Vladimir Ier of Kiev makes raise idols on the hills of Kiev and offers in sacrifice two Varègue S Christians to the Peroun god. He seeks to solemnize the pagan worship to institute a religion of state.
Births in 985
Death in 985
- Harald with the blue Tooth, king of Denmark. It is made bury in the cathedral of Roskilde which it made build.
- Dietrich d' Haldensleben, Margrave of the Walk of North.
- Rikdag, Margrave of Misnie.
Be-X-old: 985 Map-bms: 985 Simple: 985
|Random links:||Kestrel of Seychelles | War with the Earth | MiniDV | Loot | List communes of the province of the West in Cameroun | Hradčany|