This page relates to the year 971 Calendrier Julien.
- Taken Canton by Zhao Guangyin (Song).
The Middle East
- Conquest of the Egypt by Jawhar Al-Siqilli (“the Sicilian”) and foundation of the new capital, the Victorious one, Al-Qâhira (romanized in Cairo)
- the capital of the Fatimides is transferred to the Cairo (Al-Qâhira, the Victorious one), city built by Jawhar Al-Siqilli in the north of Fostat. Their goal remains the establishment of the Chiisme in the Muslim world by the elimination of the Califat Abbasside of Baghdad. Though Shiites, the Buyides do not recognize their claims. A true army of missionaries directed by a dâ' I Al-of the' ât is sent in the Abbasid world to convince the Sunnite S and to rejoin the Shiites. In Egypt, Fatimides oscillate between tolerance and persecution against the sunnites. The Christians and the Jews take part in the economic life of the country.
- Cairo reaches 500.000 inhabitants with.
- According to Ibn Al Athir, a fire in the Shiite popular quarters Al Karkh, with Baghdad, would have caused the death of 17.000 people.
- the taktikon of Escurial (971 - 975) mentions 81 topics, some established on new conquests, of other resulting from the division of old topics.
- the Byzantines sign a new non-aggression pact with Sviatoslav of Kiev. The commercial treaty of 944 is renewed.
- Beginning of the reign of Kenneth II, king d' Écosse.
Births in 971
Death in 971
Culen, king d' Écosse.
- Ziri ibn Menad, founder of the dynasty Ziride.
|Random links:||1968 in aeronautics | Larroque (Hautes-Pyrénées) | Fly one the Wall | Obsession (film) | Julien Cardy | Marteau|