This page relates to the year 870 Calendrier Julien.
- the fleet of the emperor Basile Ier (400 vessels) takes again Bari with the Moslems.
- the Aghlabides tear off Malta with the Byzantine Empire.
- terrible Year in England (870 - 871).
- November 20th: Battle of Thetford, during which the Viking S, which have, under the control of Ivar, invaded the East Anglia, putting the country at fire and blood, beat the king Edmond ( Saint Edmond ), who will be massacred after the defeat to have refused to subject itself to pagan. The kingdom of East Anglia passes entire under the Danish domination.
- December 31st: The Danes of Hálfdan invade the Saxon kingdom of the Wessex. It are beaten with Englefield, in the Berkshire. It is the first of a series of battles between Danish and Saxon of Wessex.
- August 8th: Divide Lotharingie between Francia occidentalis and Francia orientalis with the Traité of Meerssen. Charles the Bald person, after having acquired a good portion of the Lotharingie and to have increased its batch of the Provence, becomes the new strong man of the Occident. The Alsace is given to Louis Germanic the.
- Fall: Boson V of Provence becomes count of Troyes.
- Relative calm between the Loire and the Seine between 870 and 880. Viking S occupants an island of the Loire are established with Angers during two years and open a market there.
Central Europe & Balkans
the Bulgaria is attached to the jurisdiction of the oecumenical patriarchate.
Beginning of the reign of Svatopluk, king of Moravie (fine in 894)
- Rotislav is détrôné by its Svatopluk nephew of Nitra to the favor of disorders. Rotislav is delivered to the Francs, judged by the emperor Louis Germanic the which does it énucléer. He dies in prison. Svatopluk increased the kingdom of Large Moravie by the annexation of the Bohemia and the Western Slovakia (874).
Méthode reaches at the request of Kocel, wire of Pribina, and becomes archbishop of Sirmium ( Sremska Mitrovica ) from which the authority extends to the Pannonia and with the Moravie. But Svatopluk makes allegiance with Louis II Germanic the. Method is stopped by the Francs, translated in front of a synod chaired by the archbishop of Salzburg Ratisbon and condemned to be locked up in a Bavarian monastery (fine in 873).
- Beginning of the Caliphate of Ahmad Al-Mutamid (fine in 892). Under the Al-Mutamid caliphate, his/her brother Al-Muwaffaq behaves as a true regent and maintains the authority of the caliph.
- In Egypt, the Toulounides found Al-Qatai (“concessions”) in the north of Fostat (Cairo). They distribute batches of grounds to the officers Turkish and build a mosque and a palate.
Births in 870
Death in 870
- Lothaire II
|Random links:||Jean-Julien Bourgault | Surface of equal slope | Duke of Hereford | ㅏ | Propliopithecus | Communications_sur_l'île_de_l'homme|