This page relates to the year 864 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
a group of Zaydites (Chiites which refuses to recognize only one line of Imams) succeeds in being established around an Imam going down from Hassan with the Tabaristan.
- Baptism of the Tsar Boris Ier of Bulgaria.
- Orso Ier Participazio is elected doge of Venice after the assassination of Pietro Tradonico.
- the Normands impose to tribute on Charles the Bald person.
- Pépin II of Aquitaine is condemned to withdraw itself in a monastery.
- Louis II plans to strengthen the bridges against the Norman ones, in particular the bridge of Pîtres. It prohibits the trade of the weapons with the invader. Anxious to see its vassal being reinforced with its depend, the king prohibits the construction of hillocks castrales and strike them private. Potentates local, anxious to defend their interest and their area against the Viking S where the Buckwheats, build castles however. The places of striking multiply to get small change with the exchanges at short distance.
- Charles the Bald person limit to 10 the number of the workshops in charge of striking for all the kingdom with Francie Western, and chooses a new type: its monogram (begun again Monogram of Charlemagne) surrounded of the legend Gratia Dei Rex . With the reverse: a pattée cross surrounded of the name of the place of diffusion of the currency (and not of the name of the workshop).
Births in 864
Death in 864
September 6th: Liudolf of Saxony, duke of Saxony.
- Charles the Child, wire of Charles the Bald person at the time of an accident of hunting.
- Pip II, king of Aquitanian of 839 with 852, wire of Pip Ier.
|Random links:||Army | Salsa de Worcestershire | Worm Sacrum | The Pine-with-Stud farm | Oskar Backlund | The Maboule Pirate | Olympiade_internationale_en_informatique|