This page relates to the year 858 Calendrier Julien.
- With the Japan, Fujiwara Yoshifusa obtains the load, created in 856, of sessho (regent), reserved before for the imperial line and which will then be assumed by the Fujiwara of wire father
- April 24th: Beginning of the Pontificate of holy Nicolas Ier Large the (fine in 867).
- the Viking S go until Chartres. The towns of Evreux and Bayeux are plundered. They come to attack Paris with Easter.
- Charles the Bald person besieges them on the the Seine, in the island of Jeufosse, with all the forces it has, but it fails. It calls upon other Vikings, ordered by Welandr, who manage to dislodge them. The chiefs Vikings Hasteinn and Björn Côte of iron then leave France with 62 boats for launching raids against the Spain, the valley of the the Rhone and the Italy.
- After the Aquitanian revolt of , the large ones of the kingdom calls upon Louis Germanic the which combined with Lothaire II, enters in Francie Western. Charles the Bald person is saved only by the intervention of the clergy directed by Hincmar of Rheims. Only Ganelon, archbishop of Direction, takes the party of Louis.
- December 25th, Byzantine Empire: A palace revolution ensures the triumph of moderate which obtains that the “ Zealot ” Ignatios resigns. He is banished by Bardas which names Photios patriarch of Constantinople (fine in 863).
- Photios at summer established by a bishop deposited by Ignatios and which had made call of this decision with Rome, that before Rome returned its verdict. The partisans of Ignatios call upon the pope by disputing the voluntary character of the resignation of Ignatios.
- Legend: the chronicle of Sigebert gives as an unquestionable fact that in year 858 it appeared, in a village of the diocese of Mainz, a malfaisant phantom, which beat the neighbors, and disturbed the peace of the households by indiscreet revelations: it put fire at the huts, which was much more serious, and burned the harvests. One wanted to exorcize it; but he answered by hails of stones the priests who threw water bénite to him, and, as one came to the great ways, he slipped under the cover of a priest, than he made flee while reproaching him for having corrupted of the girls: finally this phantom left the village only when it had it any flaring .
Art & culture
- Creation of the Abbey of Vézelay by Girart of Roussillon and its Berthe wife, under the authority of Rome.
- Hincmar vainly tries to christianize the Guilde S (glassmaker, stone masons, traders), which meet in conspiracies at the time of the festival of the pagan god Jul (December 26th) in gigantic banquets.
Ibn Al-Riwandi, old a mutazilite, denies the reality of the prophecy of Mahomet and the convincing value of the inimitability of the Coran which supports it. It must flee of Baghdad and dies the following year with Rahba, on the Euphrate.
Births in 858
Death in 858
- February 13rd: Kenneth Ier of Scotland
- April 7th: Benoit III, pope.
- August 27th: Montoku, emperor of the Japan.
Be-X-old: 858 Map-bms: 858
|Random links:||Public prosecutor (France) | Gerard Defois | Federation of the Solomon Islands of football | Avenida Corrientes | Bellino Ghirard | Infocom|