This page relates to the year 855 Calendrier Julien.
- Treated of Prum: Division of the kingdom between its sons and creation of the Lotharingie by Lothaire Ier, emperor of Occident for Lothaire II. Charles receives the territories in the south which become the Royaume of Provence-Viennese or of Burgundy cisjurane. Louis II (822 - 875) becomes emperor of Occident and king of Italy. Lothaire II receives North (Lotharingie).
the Normand S build resistant vessels with skittles with veil and oars. In France, Rouen is devastated for the fifth time by the Vikings having at their head Sydroc and Berno. They devastated the area until in the valley of the Perche before Charles the Bald person does not inflict a heavy defeat to them.
- the Norman ones plunder Dorestad and Utrecht, whose population is massacred.
- the Viking S go up the the Rhone.
- the Danes hibernate on the island of Sheppey, with the mouth of the the Thames.
- In Italy, the Viking S plunder the port of Luni (855 - 860).
- September 29th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Benoit III (fine in 858).
- Beginning of the Pontificate of the Antipape Anastase the Librarian (fine in 880).
- Beginning of the Pontificate supposed Papesse Jeanne under the name of Jean VIII (fine in 858)
- the regent Théodora wants to separate his/her son Michel III from his mistress Eudokia Ingerina to impose a wife to him.
- eunuque the Theoktisos is assassinated with the assistance of Bardas and Théodora is isolated capacity.
Science & technology
First description of the Iron to horse. It is spread with party of the beginning of Xe century.
Births in 855
Death in 855
March 2nd: Lothaire Ier, wire of Louis Ier known as '' the Piles '' and Ermengarde de Hesbaye, emperor of Occident, his brothers Louis Germanic the and Charles the Bald person dispute the Lotharingie.
- July 17th: Leon IV (pope)
- December 8th: Drogon (wire of Charlemagne) |Drogon of Metz]], wire naturalness of Charlemagne born in 807. It supported the production of enluminés manuscripts and ivories.
- Ibn Hanbal, theologist arabo-Moslem, founder of one of the 4 legal schools (rites) of orthodoxy Sunnite. It rejects any reasoning and any personal step ( idjtihâd ) and preaches acceptance and fidelity with the religion ( naql ). He was imprisoned when the Mutazilisme was proclaimed official doctrines then acquires a posthumous celebrity. Born with Baghdad in 780.
Be-X-old: 855 Map-bms: 855
|Random links:||Bâmra | Sinnamary | Vergiate | Dombra | Antonio Locatelli | IEEE_802.3|