This page relates to the year 841 Calendrier Julien.
- Beginning of the reign of Wen Tsong, emperor Tang of China (fine in 846).
- the Viking S Danish devastate the Lindsey, the East Anglia and the Kent in England.
- the Norwegians found Dublin (Dýfflin, foundation allotted to Turgeis) in Ireland, then Wicklow, Waterford, Cork and Limerick.
May 14th: The Viking S, with at their head Oscherus (in Norrois Asgeirr ), which starts to make frequent incursions into the valley of the Seine, devastate first once Rouen. They plunder the Abbaye S of Saint-Ouen and Jumièges. The abbey of Fontenelle ( Saint-Wandrille ) is saved with the help of the payment of six money books.
- June 25th: Battle of Fontenoy-in-Puisaye close to Auxerre: The emperor Lothaire Ier is overcome by his brothers, Louis Germanic the and Charles the Bald person.
- Nominoë, qualified in turn of duke of Breton, duke in Brittany, of duke of all Brittany, prince de Bretagne and prince of all Brittany, lends oath to king de Francie Western Charles the Bald person.
- the Danish Vikings Harald and Hemming are on the island of Walcheren to the mouth of the the Scheldt (Zealand). Norman the Rorik settles around Dorestad. It will take the title of duke.
- With the mouth of the the Loire, Oscherus is presented with an important flotilla, but it is pushed back by Renaud, count of Nantes.
- According to Nithard, the Seine having overflowed, “the fords became impracticable everywhere”, “the count Gerard (of Paris) destroyed the bridges which it met”. With Rouen, Charles the Bald person requisitions ships and forms a bridge of boats to make cross its army.
- the revolt Stellinga of the peasants and Saxon serfs against their Masters fails, repressed by Louis Germanic the (fine in 842).
- Beginning of the Arab emirate of Bari (fine in 871). Raid Arab on Ancône and the Dalmatian coast until Cattaro.
- Lothaire concedes with Venice the police force of the Adriatique and the commercial advantages.
- the Venetian ones, overcome again on sea by the Moslems, decide to obtain their own fleet of war.
- Revolt of the Slavic of the Peloponnese.
- Persecution of the Pauliciens by Théodora
Art & culture
- November 30th: Dhuoda, duchess of Septimanie, wife of Bernard de Septimanie, undertakes the drafting of the Manuel for my son , first treaty of education known, intended for his/her Guillaume oldest son, placed near Charles the Bald person.
- Construction of the crypt of Saint-Etienne of Auxerre with decoration of fresco representing the lapidation of holy Etienne, older fresco of France.
Births in 841
Death in 841
Glang-dar-my, last emperor of Tibet, to see the List of the emperors of Alpine Tibet
- II, king de Dalriada
Map-bms: 841 Simple: 841
|Random links:||Gideon Mantell | Saint-Julien-near-Bort | Władysław Taczanowski | Tournament of Wimbledon 1981 | Genetic information | Fraction_irréductible|