This page relates to the year 836 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
- the Abbasid Caliph Al-Mutasim moves its capital with Samarra, Baghdad becoming too agitated (fine in 892).
- Samarra, located on banks of the Tiger, to a hundred kilometers upstream of Baghdad, is stretched on 35 km length. The caliph made there reside his mercenaries Turkish.
- a body of protection is created for the Abbasid Caliph.
- the caliph omeyyade Abd Al-Rahman founds Madinat Al-Zahra, close to Cordoue, become too populated (300 000 inhabitants), to establish its residence there.
Plague in Italy.
the Normands burn Antwerp and the port of Witla, with the mouth of the Maas.
Art & culture
- the songs of the desert and the popular songs Arab are collected in the Hammasa.
- the Aghlabide Ziyadet Allah Ier rebuilds the room of prayer of Large the Mosquée of Kairouan (increased in 862 and 875).
- Al-Mutasim makes build with Samarra a palate which covers 175 ha, a Large Mosque (240 m out of 160 m) equipped with a high minaret in 50 m spiral (malwiya) and two large hippodromes.
Births in 836
Death in 836
- Ier Lambert of Nantes.
- Li Ao, well-read man confucéen.
- Muhammad Ben Idris, sultan of the Morocco.
- Malamir, khan of the Bulgarian .
|Random links:||Takhâr | National office of information on the lesson and the professions | Commune of Karlshamn | Gregory Isaacs | Cirò Marina | Droit_international_public|