This page relates to the year 823 Calendrier Julien.
- April 5th: Louis the Piles makes crown his/her son Lothaire by the pope Pascal Ier in Rome.
- June 13rd: With the birth of Charles the Bald person the Ordinato imperii of 817 is null and void. Louis the Piles is divided between Lothaire and the clerks in favor of the unit and Judith of Bavaria which wants a division of the kingdom in favor of his/her son. The crisis bursts in 826 - 829.
- the Byzantine emperor Michel II takes again the top with the assistance of the fleet and the khan Bulgare Ormutag. Thomas Slavic the dies torture victim in October.
- the Crete is removed with the Byzantines by Moors of Cordoue, expelled of Alexandria where they had taken refuge (fine in 961).
- Beginning of the war for the English unit (end in 827).
Science & technology
- the Mathématicien Persan Musulman Al-Khuwarizmi (Al Khwarizmi) publishes the first treaty of calculation in Arab Langue.
- Plane of Saint-Gall.
Births in 823
Death in 823
|Random links:||Vernoux-in-Vivarais | Catherine Lachens | Drum | Bessou mount | Popular movement mahorais | Bactéries_gramnégatives|