This page relates to the year 786 Calendrier Julien.
The close East
- September 14th: Beginning of the reign of Haroun Al-Rachid, Caliph of Baghdad (fine in 809). Apogee of the Moslem empire `Abbasid.
- Yahya, vizier of the caliph: its family, the Barmakides, descendant of a Buddhist superior of convent of Balkh will have the capacity until in 803. Fadl directs the provinces of north, Dja' far is a favorite Syrian of Haroun.
- Massacre of the Alides to Fakhkh, close to Mecque: revolt Chiite Hussaïn and of his/her uncle Idris, descendants of Ali. Idris, after the defeat flees Baghdad to found the Dynastie Idrisside (788 - 974) with the Morocco.
- July 31st: Council Iconodule with the church of the Saint-Apostles to Constantinople, disturbed by the soldiers Iconoclasts of the guard. The council must meet in Nicée.
- the “Denier of Saint-Pierre” is taken regularly by the pope in England.
- First incursion of the Viking S in the United Kingdom.
- Plot of the count Hardrade against the life of Charlemagne in Thuringe and Franconie. Entreated are stopped and locked up in monasteries. Their goods are confiscated.
- Forwarding of the Seneshal Audulf (Andulf) in Brittany (786 - 790).
- Charlemagne intervenes with Rome. It reduces the duke Arichis of Bénévent to obedience. As of its departure, Arichis concluded an alliance with Byzance, at the end it must receive the title of Patrice and represent the emperor of the East in Italy and with Rome.
Art & culture
First appearance of the word deutsh to name the German language.
- Charlemagne obtains from the pope Paul Ier sacramentary Gregorian who allows him to introduce the Roman liturgy and to eliminate the local liturgies, a gallicane, wisigothic or Irish. From there share a musical revolution with the invention of the Polyphony by the means of the neume, sign which makes it possible to mark the height of a sound on a partition, and trope, syllable of a text placed under a neume, and to preserve a musical composition. Thus the bases of the melody counterpoint are posed.
- Comments of the Apocalypse of the Spanish monk Beatus (Liebana).
Births in 786
Death in 786
October 16th: Lullus, archbishop of Mainz.
Map-bms: 786 Simple: 786
|Random links:||Cast iron (metallurgy) | Rüti (Zurich) | Stia | Cuzdrioara | Mountains of Dong Phaya Yen | Jack_Kerouac|