This page relates to the year 785 Calendrier Julien.
With the Japan, the assassination of a family member of the Fujiwara to Nagaoka causes the panic. The new capital carries misfortune. Saichō (767 - 822), a monk of Chinese origin admired for its wisdom by the emperor, judges that it is necessary to flee this corrupted world and is installed in a hermitage on the Mont Hiei.
- Reign of Al-Hadî, Abbasid caliph ` (fine in 786).
- Charlemagne devastation the Saxony until the Elba.
- December 25th: Widukind must negotiate and goes to the palate Attigny to receive the baptism there. The Saxony is subjected and évangélisée. 10.000 Saxons are off-set in the Empire.
- Foundation of évêché of Bremen by Willihad.
- Drafting of the Lex Saxonum .
- Revolt in Brittany.
- With Rome, Charlemagne requires an oath of fidelity of the inhabitants of the Papal States.
- Charlemagne excluded the Venetian merchants from Ravenne (785 - 791). They had not wanted to recognize it as king of the Lombards. Venice approaches Byzance.
- In Spain, Gérone and Urgel rejoins franque monarchy spontaneously.
- Beginning of the construction of the Large Mosque of Cordoue under the reign of Abd Al-Rahmān (increased in 833, 961 and 988). The nineteen naves of the room of prayer are carried by 850 columns, the majority of Roman or wisigothic origin, surmounted by arcs superimposed out of horseshoe, with the archstones alternatively white and red (brick and stone).
Births in 785
Death in 785
Bachchar ibn Burd (born in 714), Persan poet carried out for his beliefs manichéennes.
- Yan Zhenqing, Chinese calligrapher.
|Random links:||1960 in sport | Charles Roche | Carlos Rivas | Parchment of Chinon | Blackham jack | 26_juillet|