This page relates to the year 780 Calendrier Julien.
- February 6th: Revival of the Iconoclasme after the death of the patriarch Nicétas.
- September 8th: Beginning of the reign of Constantin VI, Byzantine Emperor (fine in 797) under the regency of Irene (780 - 790).
- Gears, strategist of Arméniaques in vain tries to carry to the capacity Nikephoros Ier, brother of Leon IV.
- Irene rests on eunuques Aetios and Staurakios, which becomes logothète drome (police force, station, foreign affairs) and Tarasios, head clerk of the chancellery. It gives up the iconoclastie.
- the future Byzantine patriarch Nicéphore writes its Précis history .
- Charlemagne institutes the general Plaids gathering all the high aristocracy.
- Charlemagne goes to Rome for the second time to Easter. It prevents the pope from extending his authority on Spolète whose duke recognized his subject.
- the organization in counties east extended to the Thuringe.
- Abbey of Holy Gilles and Psalmodie.
- Creation of Andorra
- Dhruva invades the country Ganga whose king Shivarama had supported his brother. He attacks the Pallava which pay him tribute and invades the country Châlukya is of which it constrained the king Vishnuvardhana to give him his/her daughter. The most powerful sovereign of the Dekkan, it attacks the kingdoms of north (Pratihara, in the North-East of Âgrâ and Mâlwa).
Births in 780
- Egbert de Wessex (Ecbert), king of England.
- Ibn Hanbal, theologist arabo-Moslem.
- Jabir ibn Hayyan, Arab alchemist (Geber, 721-780). He studies the composition and the transformation of the minerals, which he classifies in several categories.
- Jahiz, Arab writer.
- Rope Maur, archbishop, grammairien and German Encyclopédiste.
Death in 780
September 8th: Leon IV Khazar, Byzantine Emperor.
|Random links:||Angle-on-the Anglin | Plain counties of Prescott and Russell | Varnéville | Theory of fields of cords | Ritopek | John_Thompson_(politicien)|