This page relates to the year 775 Calendrier Julien.
January: At the time of the assembly of Large to Quierzy-on-Oise, Charlemagne prepares the invasion of the Saxony.
- Countryside of Charlemagne in Saxony. It rebuilds the fortress of Eresburg as another more advanced base strengthened, with Lübbecke, on the mountains which face the Weser. The Saxon ones manage to attack the garrison of Lübbecke by the trick.
- Charlemagne returns of its forwarding against the Saxons to the autumn. Informed by the pope Adrien that the duke of the Friuli prepares an insurrection in Italy, it winters with the foot of the the Alps before crossing them between February and March 776.
- the Abbaye of Fulda sends from 70 to 80 missionaries in Saxony of 775 to 777.
- Generalization of the Dîme and the system of the Missi dominici as a Gaulle of north.
The close East
- October: Al-Mahdi, wire of Al-Mansur, Abbasid caliph ` (775 - 785). It in vain tries to reconcile the Abbassides and the Alides.
- Taken again Arab offensive against the Byzantine empire (775 - 809).
- the king of the city-State of Sriwijaya (today Palembang in the southern of Sumatra in Indonesia) sets up a stupa with Chaiya (southern of the Thailand).
- Reign in India of Govinda, king Rastrakuta of Malkhed (fine in 780). It lets control his young brother Dhruva who will seize the capacity.
- Reign in India of Vatsaraja, king Pratihara (Rajput) of Avanti (fine in 800). It tries to vainly consolidate its capacity vis-a-vis the Rastrakuta.
Births in 775
Death in 775
- September 14th: Constantin V, Byzantine Emperor.
|Random links:||HÃgado | List sovereigns of Ceylon | Crushed-Canale | Jean-Baptiste de Machault d' Arnouville | Torch | Asparagus | Juif|