This page relates to the year 757 Calendrier Julien.
- May 29th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Saint Paul Ier (fine in 768).
- Paul Ier in vain claims the territories promised by Didier, king of Lombards, at the time of its accession to the throne. Georges, ambassador of the emperor of the East arrives at Naples and valley with Didier of the projects of coalition to take again Rome and Ravenne, then goes to the court of Pip where it does not obtain anything, Pépin remaining faithful to the pope.
- Beginning of the reign of Offa, king of Mercie in England (fine in 796).
- Nephew of Ethelbald, Offa imposes its supervision on the Kent, the Sussex and the East Anglia. Authoritative and respected king, it requires of Charlemagne that it treat it on an equal footing.
- Offa striking of the imitated gold currencies of the Arab currencies. Under its reign, the English trade thrives with the countries of the Mediterranean (of which Islam) and Northern Europe.
- Beginning of the reign of Fruela Ier of Asturies (fine in 768).
Pépin the Brief seeks to make insoluble the bond of vassalage.
- Tassilon III, duke of Bavarian, lends oath of vasselage to Pépin and its sons at the time of its visit in Compiegne.
The close East & Arab World
- an intelligence service and of espionage is organized in Arabia.
- a rising Berbère against the Arabs is victorious. The Berber States become independent of the Arab Empire.
- Foundation of the principality sufrite of Midrarides of Sidjilmâsâ, with the the Maghreb. The kingdom of Sidjilmâsâ becomes the great center of trade of gold and the slaves bought in the kingdom of Ghana.
- An Lushan usurping emperor of China is assassinated. Suzong (Known Tsong) and its general Gou Ziyi (Kou Tseu-yi), helped by the Ouïgour S take again Chang' year then Luoyang.
- the animalist painter Chinese Han Gan (Han Kan) painted horses.
Births in 757
Death in 757
- Year Lushan
- Execution with Basra of the Persan writer Ibn Al-Muqaffa shown Manicheism (born towards 721). Ibn Al-Muqaffa is a large translator of works Persians in Arabic, in particular of the Indian fables of Bidpay starting from a Palhavi version under the title Kalîla wa Dimna , and of the Book of the Kings (Shah Nama).
Be-X-old: 757 Map-bms: 757
|Random links:||Flag of the Sierra Leone | Rey de Guillermo Lyon Mackenzie | 685 | Ajaccio | To slow down in power slide | Peulvan | Collio (Brescia) | 16_juillet|