This page relates to the year 756 Calendrier Julien.
- Pépin the Brief transfers the annual meeting from the free men, the field of March or general Plaid, from March 1st to May 1st (field of May). This measurement is explained by the importance taken by the cavalry (it should be waited until the grass is enough high to nourish the horses and oxen).
- May 15th: Foundation of the emirate of Cordoue, by a survivor of the Omeyyades, Abd Al-Rahman Ier. the Spain becomes the first independent Moslem kingdom. The emir At will be transformed into Califat in 929. The reign of Abd Al-Rahman Ier finishes in 788.
- the Second franque forwarding in Italy: blocked second once in Pavia by Pip, Aistolf request to treat again and returns the territories (treated Pavia).
- Georges, ambassador of the emperor of the East requires of Pépin to give up Ravenne to him and the exarchat. Pip refuses, in spite of the important promised sum, and gives the territory of Rome and the Pentapole to the pope.
- Reign of Krishna, king Rastrakuta of Malkhed, in India (fine in 775).
- Krishna, uncle of Dantidurga succeeds and subjects completely the kingdom to him Châlukya of Bâdâmi (760). It invades the country Ganga (Mysore) and Konkan (Goa). The Rastrakuta dominate the south of India until in 972.
- Krishna makes build the temple of Kailâsanâtha, cut in the stone with Ellorâ, dedicated to Siva (the largest monolithic monument of the world.
July 18th: An Lushan seizes the Chinese capital Chang' year and proclaims emperor.
- the emperor of China Xuanzong (Hiuan Tsong), inconsolable after the death of his/her concubine Yang Guifei, abdicates in favor of his/her son Suzong (Su Tsong) who takes the head of resistance loyal supporter in the Gansu.
Births in 756
Death in 756
- Cuthred II, king of the Wessex.
- Shomu, Emperor of the Japan.
|Random links:||Einsteinio | Louis XI of France | Very high voltage | Star Control | Seafood | Friuli Aquileia Cabernet | Jack_L._Chalker|