This page relates to the year 754 Calendrier Julien.
- the China account 52 million inhabitants.
The close East
- Abou Djafar Al Mansûr, Abbasid caliph (754-775).
- Khaled Barmek, top dog of the Abbasid empire .
- Al Mansur, brother of Abu al' Abbas, makes assassinate Persan the Abû Muslin which had given access to him the throne, causing the hostility of the Khorasaniens.
- Al Mansûr request with Constantinople of the works of mathematics.
- January 6th: Reception of the pope Etienne II by Pip the Brief with Ponthion, meadows of Vitry-le-François. It is probable that the pope shows in Pépin distorts it Donation of Constantin, by which this last would have given the Italy to the pope Sylvestre Ier before his departure for the East.
February 10th: Council of Hiéreia which defines the doctrines of the Iconoclasme in the Byzantine Empire. 338 bishops take part in it, but the council does not accommodate representatives of the pope nor other patriarchs.
Pépin sends an embassy to Aistolf, which refuses to listen to it. Aistolf causes against him the opposition of the brother of Pip, Carloman, to which he managed to make leave the abbey of the Mont Cassin. Carloman, opposed to the policy of his/her brother, returns then to France but is made stop then locking up in a monastery with Vienna (Dauphiné) where it finds death between the December 4th 754 and the August 17th 755.
April 14th: Signature of the Treated of Quierzy creating the Papal States by the donation of the Exarchat de Ravenne. The pope recognizes in counterpart the Carolingian dynasty . This donation will be confirmed in 774, in Rome, by Charlemagne, wire of Pépin. '' (Yearly Regni Francorum anno 774) '' (Pontificalis Liber) (Codice diplomatico longobardo)
- the July 28th, Pépin the Brief is crowned king of the Francs to Saint-Denis by the Pape Etienne II which gives him the hereditary title of Patrice of the Romans, i.e. the guard of Rome and its population.
- Forwarding against the Lombards: Pip is presented in front of Pavia (be) then takes again the exarchat Ravenne, the Pentapole and the Corsica (754-756) which is entrusted to the Church (donation of Pip). The Byzantine empire preserves nothing any more in Italy but Calabria, the ground of Otranto and the Neapolitan littoral.
- Convinced by Chrodegang, Pépin makes adopt by the Concile of Quierzy-on-Oise the Roman liturgy and the Gregorian chant. (Ivan Gobry in Pip the brief - Pygmalion)
- Law of Pip against the inceste.
Births in 754
Death in 754
June 5th: Holy Boniface, old of more than sixty ten years, is massacred by the pagan ones.
- Malik ibn abi Samah Alta' I, Arab musician.
|Random links:||Nicosy | Bills de Buffalo | Roman theater of Guelma | County of Mengzi | Live At Montreux 2003 | James_Madison|