This page relates to the year 732 Calendrier Julien.
- the emir of Spain Abd-Al-Rahmân, which has just killed Othman, started from Pampelune, walk on the Gascogne, plunders Bordeaux, Saintes, Périgueux, Agen, Angouleme. Eudes of Aquitaine, overcome, flees at Charles Martel.
- October 25th: Charles Martel stops the advance of the Moslems with the aforementioned battles of Poitiers (locality Moussay-the-Battles). The franque heavy cavalry surprises the Moors by his resistance. The emir Abd-Al-Rahmân is killed and its army turns back. That will not approximately prevent other raids until worms the years 760. This victory is as a means for Charles Martel of getting rid of the duke of Aquitaine Eudes, of putting an end to the independence of this province and of carrying out many raids on the fields of the Église as Charles Martel distributes in benefit to his faithful.
- Form of Marculfe (divorce by consent).
- Holy Boniface archbishop of Mainz. He obtains from the pope the authorization to name the bishops of the new territories that he évangélise in Germanie (Hesse, Thuringe and Bavaria).
- Egbert, brother of the king of Northumbrie, is named bishop of York after a voyage to Rome.
- the culture of the Silkworm arrives in Spain by the Arab .
- the Byzantine emperor brings back under the jurisdiction of the patriarch of Constantinople the pontifical inheritances of Sicily, Calabria and It.
- the king of the Lombards Luitprand seizes Ravenne.
- Moslem Forwarding against the Sicily.
Births in 732
Death in 732
Abd el Rahman : Arab general with the Battle of Poitiers
|Random links:||Ethnic quota | Miklos Udvardy | Edmond Kwan | Michel Bissonnet | Oar with the Olympic Games of 1988 | The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World | Ami_faux|