This page relates to the year 730 Calendrier Julien.
the Byzantine Empereur Leon III prohibits the worship of the images.
- January 17th: The patriarch of Constantinople Germanos is deposited by the emperor to have refused to sign the edicts iconoclasts. He withdraws himself in a monastery. The ecclesiastical schools are closed, the goods of the confiscated Roman Church. The polemist Jean Damascène who refused with the emperor the right to involve himself in the businesses of the Church is tiny room to silence.
- Charles Martel beats the Alamans.
- Saint Boniface announces that its Anglo-Saxon compatriots parts in pilgrimage with Rome are forced prostituer in each city along the road to arrive to their goal. The Church makes prohibit the pilgrimages with the women.
- Maïssara, with its followers Kharidjites seizes Tangier and succeeds in preventing the unloading of an Arab army sent of Spain. It continues its attacks against the Arab but, acting like a tyrant, it will be assassinated by his (739).
- Moslem Forwarding against the Sicily.
Births in 730
Death in 730
|Random links:||Matte painting | Carmen 63 | Leporano | Sun 21 | James Allan (Rugby) | 6_janvier|