This page relates to the year 642 Calendrier Julien.
- November 24th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Theodore Ier (fine in 649).
- In Spain, Chindaswinthe, elected in May king of the Visigoths (fine in 653), makes put at dead or reduce in slavery 700 aristocrats who claimed to be opposed to his any power.
- Voyage in Burgundy of Nanthilde, widow of Dagobert Ier.
- the king of Northumbrie Oswald is overcome and killed by Penda of Mercie.
- Oswy, king of Northumbrie (642-670).
- Secession of exarque of Ravenne Maurice.
- Division of the empire protobulgare of south-Eastern Europe enters the five wire of Kovrak (of which Bayan and Isperik or Asparuk). The Khazars benefit from this division to occupy the ground. The Bulgares gather in three hordes. The first remains on the spot and is vassalized. The second flees towards the west under the control of Isperik (644-702). The third goes up the course of the the Volga and is established with the confluence of the Kama.
The close East
- Byzance loses Dwin in Arménie.
- Arab Domination on the Arménie, invaded by the general Abd-er-Rahman. The Armenians fight them with the assistance of the general Theodore Rechtouni, then are scrambled with the Greeks and subject to the Arab . They sign with the caliph a honourable treaty.
- the Arabs put in divert the King of the kings Yazdgard III with Nehavend and make the conquest of the Mésopotamie. Yazdgard III takes refuge with Merv.
- the Arabs make the conquest of the Egypt and found the new capital, Fostat (Cairo).
- the general Amr seizes Barga in Cyrénaïque.
- Alexandria is evacuated by the Greeks (09).
- Amr makes restore the channel of the Nile to the Red Sea to transport to Arabia corn of Egypt. It takes the name of “channel of the emir of the believers” in homage to the caliph Umar.
- Victoire of Moslem Arabic on the empire Sassanide with the Battle of Nahavand. This battle marks the end of the Sassamide empire.
- Chinese Forwarding in the Western Turkestan which crushes the Turks unsubdued in the surroundings of Ürümqi.
- In India, victories of the king Pallava Narasimha-varman over the Châlukya of Bâdâmi which is put at bag.
Births in 642
Death in 642
Be-X-old: 642 Map-bms: 642
|Random links:||Hemidactylus ophiolepis | Baubo | Construction of the regular pentagon to the rule and the compass | Petzen | Park Have to it Mouillette | Jutes|