This page relates to the year 584 Calendrier Julien.
- the khan of the You or-kiue (Turks) Tardu attacks the Iran (584, 588, 590) and occupies the Tokharestan.
- the use of the calendar of the twelve Animals, borrowed from the China is attested at the Western Türüks.
- September: Chilpéric is assassinated at the instigation of Brunehilde. Its young person wire dies. Gondovald again tries to seize the power and to raise the lords of Aquitaine. But with the advertisement of the birth with Cambric of Clotaire II, wire posthumous of Chilpéric, Gondovald is again given up by its partisans. It is withdrawn with Saint-Bertrand-with-Comminges where it will be betrayed and killed. Clotaire II is high with Vitry-in-Artois.
Rigunthe, girl of Chilpéric and Frédégonde, share to marry the prince Visigoth Récarède Ier. It leaves Paris with an immense treasure. With the first stop apart from the city, part of its escort disappears by carrying all which it can steal. With Toulouse, the duke Didier, as soon as he learns the assassination from the king Chilpéric, seizes the remainder. The princess is returned, stripped, with her mother.
- the royal name replaces in the name of the emperor on the currencies struck Marseilles, Viviers, Valence, Arles and Uzès.
- Fire of Bourges.
- Kubrat becomes king of the Bulgare S.
- Rétablissement of the royalty at the Lombards. Authari is crowned king of the Lombards. Its kingdom remains vassal Francs (fine in 590). It takes again the fight against Byzance and threatens Ravenne, which is saved by the intervention of the imperial fleet.
- the Lombards massacre the “powerful Romans”.
- Erection of the Exarchat de Ravenne to fight against the Lombards. The exarque one, armed with unlimited capacities, has insufficient manpower however.
Births in 584
Death in 584
Chilpéric Ier, assassinated during a hunting.
|Random links:||Navy blue No kaze nor dakarete | The Ballancourt-on-Essonne | Bousignies-on-rock | Saint-Andrew college | Offenbach soap opera | La_loi_de_Godwin|