This page relates to the year 580 Calendrier Julien.
the Lombards destroy the monastery of the Mont Cassin whose monks take refuge in Rome.
- the future Gregoire Large the is sent like Nonce by the pope to Constantinople.
- In Spain, to the Council of Tolède, the king Visigoth Léovigild wants to lead all its subjects to adopt the Arianisme, which is a particular form of the Christianisme.
- Plague as a Gaulle of the south and Eastern Spain (580 - 582).
- With the Mans, Frédégonde makes assassinate Audevère while his/her Childewinthe daughter is made violate.
- Fire of Orleans.
- military Forwarding of the king Scot Aidan against the the Orkneys.
- a historical rising of the the Rhone drowns the suburbs of the town of Arles; the devastated Roman circus will never be rehabilitated.
The Middle East
- First voyage of Mahomet in Syria.
- the general cappadocian Maurice crosses Euphrate and threatens Ctésiphon, the capital of the Sassanides.
- the Arab kingdom of the Ghassanides, allied infidel of Byzance, is dismantled.
- pagan Risings with Héliopolis, sacrifices with Edesse. The patriarchs of Antioche and Constantinople are compromised.
Births in 580
Death in 580
|Random links:||Henri II of France | Islas de Indonesia | Offset (printing works) | Hunsel | Turn with wind (Badgir) | Adrão | James_Clavell|