This page relates to the year 535 Calendrier Julien.
- February 18th: possible relation of the explosion of the volcano Krakatoa in the Pararaton , or Book of the Kings , handwritten Javanese of XVe-XVIe centuries. It would be at the origin of a Climate change world, noted by the Byzantine Procope de Césarée and proven by the Dendrochronologie.
- May 13rd: Beginning of the Pontificate of Agapet Ier (fine in 536).
- November 8th: Opening to Arvernis (future Clermont , auj. Clermont-Ferrand) of the first Council of Clermont , with the participation of fifteen bishops, of which Césaire of Arles, Holy Nizier, bishop of Trier and Holy Hilaire, bishop of Mende. Sixteen decrees were taken there, in particular the second gun who points out that the episcopal dignity, the fact of becoming bishop , must be granted according to the merits and not following intrigues. He moreover is decided there that the Juif S cannot become Juge S.
- Théodat, the new king of the Ostrogoths strangles his wife the queen Amalasonte, the girl of Théodoric Large the.
- the assassination of Amalasonte gives a pretext to Justinien for its invasion envisaged Italy.
- Bélisaire begins the conquest of the kingdom Ostrogoth S with the occupation of the Sicily. Mundus occupies the Dalmatie. Justinien requests the support of the Mérovingiens against the Ostrogoths.
- In Africa, Solomon, successor of Bélisaire, comes to end from the revolt from the Berbère S from Iabdas and Cutzinas, but the troops revolt and Bélisaire must return in Africa to rectify the situation.
- Justinien, under the influence of his wife Théodora, is tolerant for the Monophysite S and allows the one among them, Anthime, to become patriarch of Constantinople. The Pape reacts immediately.
- Men and women is equal in front of the law in the Byzantine Empire.
- the first bell of church, come from North Africa, arrives in Europe.
Births in 535
- Sigebert Ier : king of Austrasie
Death in 535
|Random links:||That-the-cop | Banamba | 49er | Chaebol | Isonzo | Jaggies|