This page relates to the year 533 Calendrier Julien.
- January 2nd: Beginning of the Pontificate of Jean II Mercury ( Mercurius ) (fine in 535). Mercurius, carrying a pagan name, inaugurates the use for the popes to take a new name with their advent.
- September 15th: Catch of Carthage by Bélisaire. The Africa becomes a Byzantine prefecture of the court until Ceuta (534-698).
- December 15th:
- Battle of Tricaméron ( Tricamarum ) close to Carthage: final victory of the armies of the Roman Empire of the East (later Byzantine Empire) under the orders of the general Bélisaire over those of the Vandals ordered by the king Gélimer and his brother Tzazon.
- Promulgation with Constantinople of the “ Pandectes ”, collections of laws known under their Latin name of “ Digeste ” or Code Justinien, compilation of the Roman law, realized at the request of the emperor of the East Justinien, to adapt it to the requirements of the right of the 6th century.
- December 30th: Coming into effect of the Code Justinien.
Births in 533
Death in 533
Be-X-old: 533 Map-bms: 533 Simple: 533
|Random links:||CÃ¡Ã±amo | Feudality | Hautefeuille (Seine-et-Marne) | Space names XML | Virtua Tennis: World Turn | County of Trinity (Texas) | Instructions_de_fortune|