This page relates to the year 531 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
- April 19th: Byzantine defeat of Bélisaire to the battle of Callinicum in Ibérie on the Persian S of the general Azarethes.
- the movement collectivist of Mazdak is crushed in Perse by the king sassanide Kavadh Ier. The mazdakites supported Kawus, the oldest son of the king, more favorable to their ideas than Khosro his/her son junior and favorite. The chiefs of the movement are massacred of which Mazdak him even.
- Beginning of the reign of Khosro Ier, Persian king of (fine in 579). He is the son of Kavadh Ier. He ensures his capacity while making assassinate his brothers and nephews.
- Khosro bricks up the walls of the Caucasus and the fortress of Derbent, perhaps against Khazars (531-578).
- the Byzantine Empereur Justinien tries to put to the kingdom of Aksoum (Axoum) on its side in its war against the Perse S.
- the viceroy of Yemen Esymphaïos is victim of a coup d'etat of the Habachan warriors who replace it by Abraha, a Christian originating in Adoulis, which Kaleb d' Aksoum then recognizes like viceroy, after having tried without success to beat it.
- the Thuringe is conquered by the Francs (Thierry Ier) and the Saxons.
- Clotaire Ier wife under the constraint with Vitry-in-Artois the princess thuringienne Radegonde.
- Kingdom Visigoth of Tolède (disappearance of the family of Balthes). Agila Ier, king of the Visigoths.
- Victoire of Childebert Ier with Narbonne on his/her brother-in-law Amalaric.
- Byzantine Empire: Tribonien, questeur of the crowned Palate and Jean de Cappadoce, prefect of the court (531 - 541) take unpopular measures to improve the output of the taxes. Riot of the famished people with Constantinople.
Xiao Tong, the oldest son of the Liang emperor and the author of Wenxuan, a 500 last year old anthology, dies at the 30 years age.
Births in 531
Death in 531
Kavadh Ier king sassanide of Persian
|Random links:||Hypnothérapie | Jura mounts | Vendœuvres | Emmanuel Cockerel | Douglas Hurd | Justice|