This page relates to the year 524 Calendrier Julien.
June 25th: Battle of Vézeronce, in the Isere: Defeat of the kings Francs Clodomir, Childebert Ier, Clotaire Ier and Thierry Ier during the second forwarding carried out against the Burgondes ( Burgundian ) and their allies Ostrogoths.
- Clodomir finds death during the battle; Clotaire and Childebert assassinate its sons, Theudoald and Gontaire, then divide their heritage. Clodoald escapes the massacre to enter the orders (it will found then the monastery of Saint-Cloud).
- the new king burgonde Godomar III, which succeeded his/her brother Sigismond assassinated the previous month on order of Clodomir, keeps its kingdom of Burgondie ( Burgundy ).
- Théodoric Large the, king of Italy, imprisons its minister Boèce, a Philosophe and Roman aristocrat of the old school, under the load of coup attempt of State against the Empereur of the East.
- Boèce, condemned to death, writes in its dungeon Consolation of the Philosophie .
- the Treasure of Gourdon, in Burgundy, east hides during the franque invasion.
Births in 524
Death in 524
May: Sigismond, king of the Burgondes, assassinated in Orleans by Clodomir.
- June 25th: Clodomir, king Franc (kingdom of Orleans), with the Battle of Vézeronce.
|Random links:||The Neuville-on-Sarthe | Tramezzino | Iringa | Picross DS | Geoffroy III of Mayenne | Économie_de_l'Irak|