This page relates to the year 399 Calendrier Julien.
- the chief Goth Sheathed devastation the surroundings of Constantinople. It is combined to the deserters so-called king goth Tribigild, on two banks of the the Bosphorus and causes the fall of Eutrope.
- July: Aurélianus is named Préfet of the court to Constantinople. It is placed while opposing Gaïnas.
- August: Disgrace of Eutrope, driven out capacity by Eudoxie.
- November 26th: Died of the pope Sirice
- November 27th: Beginning of the holy Pontificate of Anastase Ier. > 401. It succeeds in reconciling the Churches of Rome and Antioche.
- the Pope and other bishops condemn the doctrines of Origène.
- the festival of the nativity, fixed at the January 6th, passes to the December 25th, date where the birth of the sun was celebrated.
- Closing of the schools of Gladiator S with Rome
The close East
- Yazdgard Ier goes up on the throne of Perse. Married with Jewish, it is tolerant towards the Christianisme and maintains good relationships with the Romains.
- Peace treaty enters the Perse and the Romans: divide Arménie of which the Eastern portion becomes integral part of the empire Sassanide.
- Voyage of the Chinese F Hsien (Faxian, 399 - 414) in India. Come to obtain authentic copies of the Buddhist writings, it attests power of the empire Gupta. It notes that the crime is rare and that the administration is effective. It reports that all sizeable people are vegetarians, whereas the low castes and the untouchable ones consume meat.
- According to F Hsien, the Empire Gupta account several provinces divided into districts, themselves subdivided in district. Prosperity rests to a large extent on private initiative; guilds are charged to build and maintain works of art, the temples, the charitable or cultural foundations as well as the management of establishment comparable with the banks.
Births in 399
Death in 399
Eutrope, ex-favorite of the emperor Arcadius, carried out.
- Évagre Pontique, Egyptian monk, the first to give a list of the capital sins.
- Fabiola, the first woman known Chirurgie N dies in Rome. It is also famous to have opened hospitals for the poor.
- Vahram IV, king sassanide of Persia, lynched.
Be-X-old: 399 Map-bms: 399 Nds-nl: 399
|Random links:||1871 en literatura | Stegastes partitus | Diferencial (dispositivo mecÃ¡nico) | Institute of social history | Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Pablo Antón Marín Estrada | Chris Horsman|