This page relates to the year 363 Calendrier Julien.
- March 5th: The emperor Julien leaves Antioche and invades the Perse.
- May 19th: Pétra is destroyed by an earthquake.
- May 29th: Julien demolishes Persians in front of the walls of their capital, Ctésiphon.
- June 16th: Chahpuhr II pushes back the forwarding of the Roman Emperor Julien the Apostate who finds death along Euphrate (June 26th).
- June 26th:
- Beginning of the reign of Jovien, Roman Emperor > 364 the chief of the guards Jovien is proclaimed by the legions of Illyrie with died of Julien the Apostate. He cancels the decrees of Julien against the Christians.
- After the retirement of the Roman armies and the death of Julien, Jovien concludes a peace treaty to the advantage from Sapor II. The Perse obtains the five satrapies transtigranes, part of the Mésopotamie and suzerainty on the Arménie.
- Jovin of Rheims is proclaimed by its legions in Gaulle. He refuses purple.
- the Huns are on the edges of the Caspienne.
- Re-establishment of the freedom of the worships by Julien. He removes the privileges of the Christian Church, prohibits to him to receive legacies, removes with the bishops their right of jurisdiction, closes with the Christians the teaching of the humanities and the access of the public office. Paganism takes again its character of official religion, in the form of the solar worship. Julien reopens the pagan temples, allows pagan to assert the goods that Constantin and Constance removed to them with the profit of the Christians. He constitutes an official clergy, with a pontiff by province charged to ensure the direction of it.
- Council of Laodicée: the worship of the angels is condemned like idolatry.
Births in 363
Death in 363
- According to a medieval tradition, martyrdom of Holy Élophe and holy Large Libaire with (the Vosges).
|Random links:||Andre Maginot | Co-evoluciÃ³n | John Stoughton Refusals | Blanquism | Julio Alberto Perez Cuapio | Coste della Sesia Nebbiolo|