This page relates to the year 306 Calendrier Julien.
July 27th: Died of Constance Chlorinates with Eburacum (York). Severe succeeds to him but the army prefers his/her Constantin son to him, proclaimed in York. Constantin settles with Trier. Galère gives him the row of César, but he refuses to give up under Auguste. Maxence, sons of Maximien, follow the example of Constantin and proclaim Auguste in Rome. His/her father benefits from the circumstances to take again the capacity. With six emperors, including five Majestic (Galère, Severe - legitimate Constantin, Maxence, Maximien - usurping) and César (Maximin II Daïa) the system tetrarchic crumbles.
- Severe, previously César , is recognized like Auguste West by Galère.
- October 28th: Maxence, the son of Maximien, is related to the throne by the Praetorian Garde and Rome populates it.
- Sévère goes to Maxence to Ravenne after an attempt at walk on Rome. It is put at died in 307.
- Maxence takes the control of the Italy, the Spain and the Africa.
- the celibacy becomes obligatory for the catholic high clergy.
- Christianity is essential in the United Kingdom. Breton bishops take part in the councils of Arles (314), of Nicée (325) and of Arminum (349).
- Jamblique lovesong the life of Pythagore and popularizes its work.
Births in 306
Death in 306
|Random links:||Fallen angel | Molière of the actress | Jean-Jacques Caux | List orchestras of harmony and brass band in France | Shine Héctor Cristaldo|