2 de abril
The Franche-Comté is a French Région of 16202 km2. It accounts for 3% of the territory French and gathers four departments: the Doubs (25), the Haute-Saône (70), the the Jura (39) and the Territory of Belfort (90). If the three first extend each one on approximately 5000 km2, the last occupies only 610 km2 and form the smallest metropolitan department apart from the Parisian crown.
The Franche-Comté is made up of 1.786 common whose average surface is largely lower than the metropolitan average (9 km instead of 15). The small communes are most numerous: two thirds of them do not reach the regional average. Its inhabitant (E) S are the Inhabitants of Franche-Comté - Inhabitants of Franche-Compt3e.
Besancon, the regional capital and first city of the area in term of population, is to 405 km of Paris, 200 km of Nancy, 226 km of Strasbourg, 155 km of Basle, 177 km of Geneva, 195 km of Lyon and 91 km of Dijon. Its inhabitants is called the Bisontins and the Bisontines .
See also: History of the Franche-Comté
See also: List of the Count Palatines of Burgundy
With the wire of the centuries which preceded the birth by Christ, the Franche-Comté lives to develop an important civilization and commercial exchanges, in particular in the Jura; at that time the Séquanie, large Gallic province is set up, which called César to put an end to the ocupation of the Germain Arioviste, which began the Guerre from Gaules.
Le name of Franche-Comté appeared officially only in 1366; previously, one spoke about the Comté of Burgundy.
The county of Burgundy belonged to the Saint Germanic Roman Empire, but he enjoyed a great autonomy. With the extinction of the male branch of the counts de Bourgogne, the county will pass under various influences (France, duchy of Burgundy, Spain), but always while preserving its characteristics, its " libertés".
The Spanish period corresponds to a kind of golden age of the Franche-Comté. But this phase of prosperity is stopped by Ten Years the war known as (1634 - 1644), episode comtois of the Guerre Thirty Year old. The county of Burgundy remains Spanish, but, a few years later, Louis XIV asserts it. It occupies it in 1668 but must return it pursuant to the treated of Aachen.
With the Revolution, the province of Franche-Comté is divided in three departments: the the Jura, the Doubs and the Haute-Saône. Belfort forms then part of the Haut-Rhin. At the time of the War of 1870, the city defended by the colonel Denfert-Rochereau resists the German seat. The city opens its doors only on February 16th, 1871 on the order of the French government. That is to say a few weeks after the official signature of the armistice, on January 28th, 1871. This resistance makes it possible the town of remain French after the annexation of the Alsace the Moselle. It is starting from this date that the fortification of the area will become its extensive for the defense of the Belfort Gap, of the town of Besancon and the passages towards the countries voisins.
In 1922, Belfort and its surroundings are set up in department under the name of Territoire of Belfort, becoming thus the fourth inhabitant of Franche-Comté department.
During the Second world war, the Franche-Comté is characterized by the presence from many maquis. In June 1940, the German army enters to Franche-Comté. The line of demarcation which is partly copied on the Loue, divides the area into two. 99 resistant is shot to the Citadelle of Besancon. September 1944, the area is released except the north of the department of Doubs which will be to it 2 months later.
Administration and Policy
See also: District council of Franche-Comté
See also: Political of the Franche-Comté
The Area is youngest of the communities. Born in 1982, it is made up of two assemblies: the District council , elected by the vote for all, which makes the decisions and the Economic and Social Council , which is a Consultative Assembly made up representatives of the social and cultural economic life, which delivers opinions.
The District council of Franche-Comté acts primarily on four fields:
- education, training and the training
- economic development and employment
- infrastructures and transport
- town and country planning
CirsconscriptionsThe Franche-Comté counts five districts in Doubs, three in the departments of the Jura and the Haute-Saône, and two in the Territory of Belfort. It was represented until 2007 by twelve deputies UMP and a socialist deputy . After the legislative of 2007, the PS gains a seat moreover, thus 2 inhabitant of Franche-Comté deputies with the socialist colors and 11 with the colors of the UMP.
presidential Election and legislative of 2007
See also: Geography of the Franche-Comté
The Franche-Comté is divided into 4 departments: the Doubs (25), the the Jura (39), the Haute-Saône (70) and the Territory of Belfort (90). Of share its strategic position in the center of the Europe, the Franche-Comté is a required passage of at the same time human and economic movements. Indeed, the area is very close to 3 large European countries: the Swiss , the Germany, and of the Italy.
The Franche-Comté is a relatively mountainous area which one can regard as encircled by solid masses. One finds there in particular the assembly line of the Jura, bordering Switzerland, which culminates with 1720m. In the north of the area are the the Vosges and finally more in the south, the the Alps. The two principal tops are the Crêt Pela with 1495m in the Jura and the Mont of Gold culminating to 1463 m in the department of Doubs. The area has 5.350 km of river including 4.549 km where fishing is possible and 320 km of inland waterways. One does not count there less than 80 lakes and 1000 ponds. The principal rivers of the area are
- the the Saone
- the Ain
- the Cuisance
- the Doubs
- the Loue
- the Ognon
- the Bienne
- the Valouse
- the Suran
- the Seille
- the Hérisson
- the Savoureuse
- the Autruche
- the Allaine or Allan (in France)
- the Lison
EnvironmentThe Franche-Comté is the most wooded area of France on 42% of its regional territory is 705.000 ha. One finds there large forests of Hêtre S, Chêne S and Sapin S of which some can be drawn up up to 40 meters. The spruce and the Sapin are the trees emblematic of the the Jura and their resinous solid masses on more than 10.000 hectares make the largest European fir plantation of it. Proud of its statute of the greenest area of France , the Franche-Comté has also the second forest of leafy trees of France on 22.000 ha: the Forest of Lime
Two great types of ecosystems characterize this area; foresters and of the lakes/ponds/peaty which offer a refuge to a high Biodiversité, of which many birds, stags, Sanglier S, squirrel S, Wildcat. The capercaillie, the lynx and finally the return of the Chamois are emblematic protection and restoration of the natural habitats in the area. The area is also known for its pullulations of Campagnols of the fields, which are the wild reserve of a parasitic disease , the alveolar echinococcosis, which can be transmitted to the man by the Chat S, Chien S and Renard S.
See also: Demography of the Franche-Comté
PopulationThe total population of the area was into 2006 of 1.146.000 inhabitants. The population growth is approximately 0.20% per annum between 1990 and 1999. From a demographic point of view, the Franche-Comté is relatively contracted, with dimensions its top-plates and its basins relatively vacuum with some sparse villages and small towns. Other with dimensions, it counts two large demographic basins, both located in the department of the Doubs, one with horse on the Territoire of Belfort however: the urban pole of Belfort - Montbeliard - Héricourt - Delle with 300.000 inhabitants, follow-up of that of Besancon with more than 200.000 inhabitants. For as much, Besancon is the first urban Unité of the Franche-Comté area with approximately 134.000 inhabitants, in front of that of Belfort, 82.000 inhabitants.
The Doubs is the first department of the area with 512.900 inhabitants. It only gathers with him about half of the inhabitant of Franche-Compt3e population. It is followed the Jura with 255.200 inhabitants, then the Haute-Saône with 234.100 inhabitants and finally the Territoire of Belfort and its 139.600 inhabitants - who is however until almost 10 times smaller than his neighbors in term of surface.
ImmigrationIn 1999 the Franche-Comté counted 65.541 immigrants where 1/3 were French by acquisition. 5,9% of the inhabitant of Franche-Compt3e population are immigrant against 7,4% at the national level. Although the share of the immigrants is stable since 1975 in the metropolis, it decreased by 1,4 point in the area. Although the Territory of Belfort is populated the least, there remains nevertheless the only one where the average of immigrant is comparable with that of France. The immigrants are especially present in the big cities such Besancon, Saint-Claude, Belfort and Montbeliard.
The 5 countries of origins the most represented are the Morocco (15.7%), the Algérie (14.1%), the Portugal (13.9%), the Italy (12%) and the Turkey (10.6%). They represent alone close to the 2/3 of the inhabitant of Franche-Comté immigrants. One detects also an important proportion of immigrants originating in the ex- Yugoslavia: 4,8% whereas they are only 1,7% at the national level.
The first waves of immigration, beginning of the 20th century, are European origins: the Italians would be the first to arrive in the area as of the years 1920 then arrive the Poles. Portuguese arrived more tardily, as of end of the year 50 only but their number increases clearly until the Seventies. The Maghrebians arrived fine of the Second world war, composed almost that Algerians; The Morrocans only arrive of small number, that until 1969 when one records this year more Moroccan arrivals than Algerian. Maghrebian immigration did not then cease decreasing. The Turks maintained their arrived supported as of the Seventies until beginning of the year 80.
Between 1975 and 1999, the immigrant population fell by 14% whereas the inhabitant of Franche-Compt3e population increased by 5,7% Ainsi, the number of immigrants is of 5.9% whereas it was of 7,3% front.
See also: Economy of the Franche-Comté
The Franche-Comté is the first industrial area of France, 6 employment out of 10 is in the tertiary sector and unemployment rate amounted to 8.5%. GDP per capita in 2002 was there of 21.897 €. It is also exporting of France (INSEE: To know the Franche-Comté edition 2005). In 2003, the GDP Inhabitant of Franche-Comté rose to 25.6 billion d'€ is 1,6% of the French GDP. The GDP of the area grows at average intervals of 2% per annum what classifies the Franche-Comté among the most dynamic areas of France. This dynamism is in particular had with a consequent industrial field.
* in million d'€
The urban pole Montbeliard - Belfort is the economic center of the area, primarily dedicated to the car and TGV. The industrial site Peugeot - Citroen Sochaux is the first (all confused industries) of France with 13.841 paid in September 2006. It currently produces the Peugeot 607 and the Peugeot 307. He is also the first employer of the area. The car is seen being the floret of industry, Peugeot and its other subsidiary companies represent there up to 10% of the production of France.
The town of Besancon is a true center for the sectors of the méchanique one. It is a historical pole of excellence of microtechnic, time frequency and biomedical genius, as well as the first European center of the cutting of utmost precision. In June 2005, the city was seen decreeing a label of national pole of competitiveness in the field of the microtechniques ones. The area has also a potential in the research sector. One finds with Besancon the ENSMM or the 3Ecole Nationale Sup3erieure of mechanics and microtechnic the, the National school of engineers with Belfort or the Polytechnique institute of Sévenans.
In spite of a strong industry, inhabitant of Franche-Compt3e agriculture is not remains about it and the forestry development, the production of meat, milk and cheeses are well developed. Tourism tends to becoming an increasingly important industry in the area, of share its geography which allows many activity like the VTT, the climbing, fishing, ski etc…
The academy of Besancon is characterized by a balance between the number of colleges and vocational schools.
Higher and professional
Places and sites of exceptionShare its history at the same time Roman, Gallic, Spanish and finally Frenchwoman, the Franche-Comté enjoys a cultural heritage richest and fabulous which tell the past of the area.
the Chapelle of Ronchamp was built on the hill of Bourlémont with Ronchamp in Haute-Saône by the architect free-Switzerland Le Corbusier. Started in 1950 it was finished in 1955. The vault is devoted on June 25th, 1955 by the Archbishop of Besancon.
the Citadelle of Besancon is one of the most beautiful strengthened citadels of Vauban of France. It is in a perfect state of conservation, arranged in tourist multicultural place and gives to the town of Besancon much of its character. It remains also a high tourist resort Franc Comtois with 300.000 visitors per annum.
the Royal saltworks of Arc-and-Senans located on the commune of Arc-and-Senans (Doubs) is a work of Claude Nicolas Ledoux, celebrates architect visionary. The purpose of it was the production of salt, and was to replace the growing old saltworks of Saline-the-Baths and Lons-the-Salt maker. Ledoux conceived the architectural whole in the form of half-circle (370 m diameter), including/understanding the technical installations and the residences of the workmen.
the Lion of Belfort is a sculpture of Frederic Bartholdi, located at Belfort. Long and high, it 22 11 m m consists of blocks of pink sandstone of Perugia, individually carved, then moved under the castle of Belfort to be assembled there. Work symbolizes the heroic resistance of Belfort carried out by the colonel Denfert-Rochereau during the seat of the city by the Prussian army, which lasted 103 days (of December 1870 in February 1871).
the Château of Joux is located in Doubs, it overhangs the Cluse of Pontarlier. Mentioned in XIe century (1034), it is rebuilt out of stone in XIIe century by the family of the lords de Joux. In 1690, Vauban increases it and improves defenses of them. It was used during the Old Mode and the Revolution of prison as State. It is famous to have received in its walls Mirabeau, All Saints' day Louverture, Heinrich von Kleist…
the Lac of Vouglans is located in the Jura. It is the second French artificial reserve with 605 million m ³ after Greenhouse-Ponçon. A stopping (arched with S curve) was installed by EDF between 1964 and 1969.
- the Ballon of Alsace is a top located in the southern part of the chain of the Vosges, with the borders of the areas of Alsace, Franche-Comté and Lorraine. Located in the middle of the Regional natural park of the Balloons of the Vosges, the Balloon of Alsace is classified great national site. Southern end of the solid mass, it culminates to 1.247 m of altitude. It thus offers an imposing panorama, since the Black Forêt towards the east, the alpine range Bernoises in the south until in direction of the Mont Blanc which one can see in winter when the fog is dissipated.
the Hérisson is a small river of the solid mass of the Jura which joined then the lower valley while jumping nearly 300 meters of uneven in 3 km by constituting the Cascades of the Hedgehog which are among most remarkable of Jura', particularly impressive at the time of the snow melt or when they are cold at the time them great colds which the area can know.
One also counts, in a less measurement, other sites the such Château of Montbeliard, the very picturesque village of Lods in Doubs, the largest arranged pit of France: that of Poudrey or the Moved back of Balsam-the-Sirs. In spite of that, the area accommodates only surroundings 1,7% of the stays passed to France, far behind the Provence-Alp-Coast of Azure and the Île-de-France, strong respectively of a Mediterranean climate with the proximity of the sea and a very great number of monuments, in particular of the capital .
See also: FOR THE THIRD TIME Franche-Comté
The highway network of the area is similar, in its density, compared to the other close areas, however the rail networks and river are much less present. The main axe the Saone-Doubs is the backbone of the territory and crosses the area of is in west is most powerful of the area, it is in particular represented by a highway infrastructure of quality, a railway line and the channel the Rhine-Rhone. The second axis, which is directed to him North-South, is on the other hand less easily identifiable; The line Besancon - Lyon contributes however to this axis. Nevertheless the North-South relation of the area remain less powerful.
Infrastructures inhabitants of Franche-Compt3e : Some key points.
Franche-Comté: First exporting area of France!
Leave its excentré localization, the average distance from flows of goods transport between the Franche-Comté and the other areas is much higher than national average (124 km against 98 km). On a total of 54,1 million tons exchanged in 2002 (except railway exchanges (2 million) that it is impossible to affect between the departments), the Doubs adds up 47% of the traffics, lavishing to him a role of head in the economic one of Franche-Comté.
* Of which auto industry 43%
** Of which auto industry 8%
See also: Inhabitant of Franche-Comté
The inhabitant of Franche-Comté is a Romance language belonging to the family of the language of oil which speaks itself in particular in Franche-Comté. One indicates it by “ inhabitant of Franche-Comté ”, “ language comtoise ”, “ to speak comtois about oil ” and often by the term about patois. One can also indicate it by the Jurassic term or franc-comtois-Jurassic bus it is also spoken in the Canton about the Jura in Suisse. TheJurassic one belongs to a linguistic group which includes/understands the Picard, the Wallon as well as the Lorrain. These languages indeed have a certain number of joint characteristics, in particular a Germanic influence.
The language is found on the departments of the Haute-Saône, of the Territoire of Belfort, the Doubs, in the northern part of the the Jura, like in the canton of the Jura (Swiss) as well as a small portion of the Département of Alsatian Haut-Rhin. Its field is limited to the south by the zones of the speeches francoprovençaux, to the west by the Burgundian speeches and Champagne and to north by the Lorraine one.
In Inhabitant of Franche-Comté, Franche-Comté says Fraintche-Count .
See also: Francoprovençal
The southern part of the Franche-Comté (southern of the department of the Jura and Doubs) belonged to the linguistic unit “ francoprovençal ” (also called arpitan).
The francoprovençal constitutes one of the three great Romance languages with the Occitan (language of oc) and groups it languages of oil. This language has many local variations and is declined in many dialects. Halfway between the group of the languages of oil and the language of oc, it sets up a distinct Romance linguistic group. There exists a dialectal alternative spoken in the south about the Franche-Comté: the Jurassic .
In Francoprovençal, Franche-Comté says Frank-Comtât .
- the most outstanding symbol of the Franche-Comté (because visible) without any doubt the Clocher Comtois is known as Clocher with dome with imperial. There exist 665 bell-towers of this " type; dome with the impérial" (generalized form of 18th at semi-19th century), all different from/to each other by their size and especially their cover. Made cover is of Tavaillons or plates of metal in the cold and covered with snow areas and of tiles punts glazed in the plains. The various bright colors of these tiles make it possible to obtain geometrical reasons for the most beautiful effect and to differentiate the villages from/to each other. An good example of cover in glazed tiles is represented by the town hall of Gray in Haute-Saône or the Old people's homes of Beaune in Coast-in Or.
the Farms with tuyé are typical dwellings with the area. Relatively wide, it was to be able to protect the breeding from the long winters. One called tuyé the immense pyramidal chimney out of wooden on the roof but also the part which was used formerly as smoking-room.
Strong and fortifications is legions in Franche-Comté. Of share its animated history, the Franche-Comté has many castles which testifies some. Work, that of Vauban, more époustouflante remains the Citadelle of Besancon but it is not without mentioning the Fort Griffon or the fortifications of Belfort .
GastronomyThe inhabitant of Franche-Compt3e kitchen is traditional, at the height taste of the soil.
- the Comté is a cheese with paste pressed with the very fruity taste, whose capital is with Poligny in the the Jura. It is refined between 4 and 12 months and one him octroit of the quasi daily care.
- the Molten whose principal ingredient is the county.
- the Cream cheese or " cheese which colle" is quasi-liquid. It is obtained starting from the " metton" , skimmed, curds believed and heated. Usually mixed with garlic or white wine, it is tasted normally with hot potatoes.
- the Mount of Gold
- the Morbier
the Wormwood, or green fairy is an alcoholic drink.
- the Anise of Pontarlier, derived from the famous wormwood, owes its taste with the green anise of Spain distilled.
- the Sausage of Morteau and the Sausage of Montbeliard. They are slowly fume with the sawdust of coniferous trees, which accompany the potfuls comtoises.
- celebrates It Mortuacienne , authenticates lemonade of Haut-Doubs
- Estival of the Organ of the Jura. This festival takes place each summer in August (2nd and 3rd week). Many concerts of organ are proposed on classified instruments MH. from the Jura while leaving the good share to the concerts with singers, instruments, etc Repertory: baroque, romantic, contemporary…
- the Crèche Comtoise is a popular theater which puts in scene the inhabitant of Franche-Compt3e culture of the end of the 18th century.
- the Grass in Zik with Besancon
- the eurockéennes of Belfort
- the International festival of university music
- the International festival of the cinemas of Asia
- the artisanal and artistic day of Fondremand for 33 years around on July 14th with these exhibitor and have been fireworks which is largest of the area
- Jazz in Franche-Comté is a jazz festival and of impromptu music created into 1981 which proceeds during second about fifteen June.
- the legend of the Vouivre : Vouivre is a creature semi-woman semi-man. Seldom equipped with legs, it always has two large wings of bat which enable him to fly. But especially it carries to the face an enormous invaluable stone of a priceless value, often said it that it is a ruby called “escarboucle”, sometimes a diamond, and of a glare such as when Vouivre flies at night it leaves behind it like a trail of fire. It deposits the stone on the bank, which it hiding place before drinking or bathing; it is at this time only that one has chances to seize some: then fortune the daring one is made. But if Vouivre surprises the robber, its revenge is terrible.
the free Republic of Saugeais : The Saugeais or Sauget is a geographical entity made up of eleven communes of the Haut-Doubs in France joined together in a baptized folk republic “ free République of Saugeais ”. Montbenoît is the political capital, and Gilley the economic capital. The republic of Saugeais makes 125km ² on the whole.
- the Montbéliarde
- the Maîchard
TourismThe Franche-Comté accommodates approximately 1,7% of the French stays, as well for the short stays as the long ones. During the winter season, the stays are particularly concentrated in the mountainous solid masses. However, the Franche-Comté appears thus among the many not very tourist French areas: 7 areas out of 22 concentrate the 2/3 of the French nights. At the head: the Mediterranean coastline or the Atlantic as well as the the Alps is voted by plebiscite by the French. The Franche-Comté does not record either by an important reception foreign tourists: in spite of the frontier position of the area, between 1 and 2% of the tourists remaining in France come to Franche-Comté. During the winter, the area, leave its mountainous assets, thus accommodates many amateurs of winter sport. However, the place of the Alpine skiing is very weak, only 0,5% of the turnover of the ski lifts in France comes from the Massif of the Jura. On the other hand, this last is extremely snuffed for the ski touring.
The summer, the Franche-Comté offers to the amateurs excursions and of VTT of many activities. One also practices fishing at the edge of the rivers of the area. The hotel trade of outdoor concentrates nearly 40% of its nights in the country of the Lakes with the presence of camp-sites of important relatively important size. All confused lodgings, close to the 2/3 of tourist consumption is made from April at September.
|valign=" top" style=" make-size: 90%" | |} |}
Economy & Industry
- Frederic Japy (1749-1812) pioneer of clock making industry. * Armand Peugeot (1849-1915): (Family Peugeot) one of the founders of the cars Peugeot, economic leader of the area.
- Adolphe Kégresse born with Héricourt (1879-1943): inventor of the flexible caterpillar for vehicle.
- Louis Vuitton.
History & Soldier
- Pierre Marie Philippe Aristide Denfert-Rochereau, born with Versailles in 1823, military French responsible for the defense of Belfort during the War of 1870.
- Jean-Charles Pichegru, born with Alpine laburnum in 1761, " Saver of Patrie" at the time of the French revolution, it betrays, compromised in the coup d'etat of the 18 fructidor year V.
- Good Adrien Jeannot de Moncey, born with Moncey in 1754, Marshal of France, general inspector of the gendarmerie.
- Claude Prost says Lacuzon, born with Longchaumois in 1607, resistant inhabitant of Franche-Comté during the wars of the 17th century opposing the France and the Franche-Comté.
- Junior Roussel: Born with Orgelet in 1743, which gave its name to a famous song
- François-Paul de Lisola, diplomatic
- Henri Mouhot (1826-1861): explorer, discoverer of the ruins of Angkor.
- Frederic Wallet-Desbarres (1729-1824): cartographer, tutor of Cook, cofounder of the town of Sidney.
Policy & Religion
- Leon Bérard: born in 1870, surgeon in Lyon. Pioneer of the thoracic and anti-cancer surgery
- Victor Bérard: born in 1864 with Morez, hellenist and expert in foreign politics
- Jules Bonnot: born with Bridge-with-Roide, anarchistic French, leader of a group it
- Jean-Pierre Chevènement: current politician.
- Georges Cogniot: writer, philosopher and Communist politician .
- Edgar Faure : radical politician.
- Charles Fourier: Socialist thinker, utopian.
- Philippe Attic: born with Pontarlier, doctor, republican converted with Islam, deputy
- Jules Grévy: chair French Republic.
- Pierre Joseph Proudhon: anarchistic thinker, , utopian. “ the property, it is the flight! ”
- Calixte II: born Guy from Burgundy, pope elected in 1119, born with Quingey
- Thomas Bracket: cardinal, Archbishop of Rheims, born with Montigny-lès-Cherlieu
- Jacques de Molay: born about 1243 with Molay Haute-Saône, the main large last of the Templiers. Burned on a To rough-hew in 1314 pennies the order of the king de France Philippe IV Beautiful the as well as the pope Clement V, both cursed this day, and died this year.
- Dominique Voynet: French political woman, member of the party the Greens, born on November 4th, 1958 with Montbeliard.
Sciences & Technology
- Edouard Belin: inventor of the Phototelegraphic apparatus.
- Hilaire de Chardonnet: inventor of artificial silk.
- Georges Vat: paleontologist born with Montbeliard.
- the brothers Auguste and Louis Light: inventors of the cinema.
- Louis Pasteur: (Pare-1822-Villeneuve the pond-1895) chemist and biologist, inventor of the Vaccination.
- Paul-Emile Victor: explorer, director of French polar forwardings.
- Antoine Augustin Cournot: French mathematician.
- Pierre Marti (1891-1938): inventor of the system of underwater survey by ultrasounds.
- Maurice Deloraine (1898-1991): inventor of the system " huff-duff" who allows to avoid the enemy torpedes.
- Rene Thom (1923): mathematician.
- Etienne Oehmichen (1884-1938): first flight in the helicopter in 1921.
- Pierre-Henri Hugoniot (1851-1887): mathematician and physicist in the mechanics of the fluids and Shock wave.
- Stephan Peterhansel: Pilot of motor bike and car. Champion of Rally. Inhabitant of Vesoul
- Jean de Gribaldy (XXe): Runner Cyclist and director Sport yew, native of Besancon
- Vincent Defrasne: biathlète, gold medal with the Olympic Games, native of Pontarlier.
- Fabrice Guy: Scandinavian, native compound Olympic champion of Pontarlier.
- Sylvain Guillaume: Scandinavian compound Olympic money medal
- Henry Buggy: Large Judge of Saint-Claude (1596 to 1616) and celebrates demonologist.
SymbolsThere exists a certain number of inhabitant of Franche-Comté symbols from which much is drawn from the various historico-cultural roots of the area (Burgundy, Germanic Empire…)
the Cross of saint Andre (also known as of Burgundy ) who belongs to the Burgundian heritage bequeathed to the Franche-Comté after the fall of the duke-counts of Burgundy. This emblem anti-French is frequently raised by the patriots comtois.
the Armorial bearings of Franche-Comté: Of azure sown of gold billets to the lion of same, armed and lampassé of mouths, stitching on the whole as well as its flag.
the Flag of Franche-Comté, was chosen by Othon IV in 1279 to approach the France, there will lose this direction with time to become and remain the emblem comtois par excellence. One finds it on the seal of the Parliament of Dole as on the armorial bearings of a great number of towns of Franche-Comté such Dole, Vesoul, Luxeuil, Ornans… the color azure expresses fidelity, gold the intelligence and prestige, and the red ( mouths in heraldic language) the desire to serve its fatherland. The gold billets are there to point out the omnipresence of the forests in country comtois. To be authentic, the lion must have a sex, the claws and the language reds and a crown, underlining the sovereignty of the County.
the Germanic Eagle of mouths, with the éployée money eagle at summer taken again by the first counts de Bourgogne who were vassal Germanic Empire on their ecu. It was replaced later by the Lion of Othon present on the inhabitant of Franche-Comté flag. One finds also the eagle on the current armorial bearings of Besancon. Depending directly on the Holy Empire during centuries although the remainder of the County remained autonomous, the city preserved the black eagle on its weapons.
the Foliages of Stag of Wurtemberg are the heritage of a history marked by the Maison of Wurtemberg, the Three half foliages of sand stag appear on the blazons of several cities of the Pays of Montbeliard, pointing out the original past of this Protestant ground.
the Currency of the Franche-Comté: Comtois, go! - Nenni, my faith . It symbolizes the obstinacy and the determination of Comtois.
|Random links:||Microrobotique | Rexingen (the Low-Rhine) | Utoqqarsuanngoravit de Nunarput | Giuseppe Lanza | Yannick Lafforgue | Jerome Cock | 2_avril|