This page relates to the year 297 Calendrier Julien.
- Narses, the Persian king sassanide of évince the king Tiridate III of Arménie.
- an edict of Dioclétien, published with Alexandria, proclaims as anti Roman E the doctrines manichéenne created by the Perse S.
- a revolt is repressed by Dioclétien in Egypt.
- Maximien pacifies the Maurétanie revolted (297 - 298).
- the town of Autun is restored.
- the Gallic rhetor Eumène is named director of the schools of Autun. Speech of Eumène in front of Constance Chlorinates during the inauguration of the university of Autun, Pro restaurandis seholis .
- the civil and military administrations are separate in the Roman Empire.
- Rehandling of the administrative chart of the Roman empire. The old provinces are parcelled out. Rome cease to be the center of the empire, which is divided into four prefectures, twelve dioceses and hundred provinces. Italy is divided into eight territorial districts entrusted to a corrector in permanent form.
- Tax reform: establishment of a plate based on land criteria ( jugatio , measurement of the juga of ground) and personnel ( capitatio , measurement of the human and animal capita ). The tax is paid in kind ( annona ). Every year, an imperial decree, the indictio , into fixed the amount. The existence of a personal tax calculated according to the capitatio in the empire protobyzantin is however a subject very discussed by the historians.
- the received raw materials as tax are transformed by manufactures of State which hold monopolies: tiles, bricks, foundries, arms factories, weaving, dyeing of crimson, etc the condition of the workmen is hard: marked with iron like the minors or the soldiers, the workmen of the arms factories cannot leave their profession, which is hereditary.
- Dioclétien increases manpower of the army of a score of legions, that is to say an increase in approximately 200 000 men with the corresponding auxiliary bodies.
- a guard with horse, only made up of German, the Scholae palatinae east creates and integrated into in one of the two principal branches of the army, the comitatenses , integrating the infantry but dominated by the cavalry. The second branch is the army of the borders made up of Limitanei and only recruited among the Roman citizens.
- This army of 500 000 men is very expensive. The financial reform allows new recruitments: each landowner or groups owners must provide a fixed number of recruits, proportional to extended their fields.
Births in 297
Death in 297
Chen Shou, Chinese writer, author of the Chronic of the Three Kingdoms .
|Random links:||Time of reception | Championship of France of football D2 1946-47 | Cotentin | Bassidjé me | Brahea edulis|