This page relates to the year 270 Calendrier Julien.
- January: Claude II continues the Goths which beat a retreat.
- August: Claude II dies of the plague with Sirmium, on the the Danube. His/her brother Quintillus seizes the power, but the Danubian army opposes Aurélien to him.
- October: Quintillus is killed with Aquilée (suicide or assassination by its soldiers).
- Beginning of the reign of Aurélien, Roman Emperor. > 275
- Aurélien beats the Juthunges which advance towards High-Italy and makes peace with the Vandales entered in Pannonia. Two thousand Vandales riders are enlisted in the Roman army.
- the Empire becomes an absolute monarchy under the emperors illyriens. Aurélien is the first emperor to carry the diadem publicly. With the example of the Eastern sovereigns, it revêt a costume decorated with gold and precious stones. It is called officially dominus.
- Aurélien and its successors makes weigh a mode of constraints on the industrial activity and commercial by the system of the corporations.
- Economic crisis in the Roman Empire: the partition of the empire, the invasions and the usurpations, the confusion of the campaigns and the cities by the invaders, destroy the agricultural production, ruin industry, rarefy the exploitation of the mines. The monetary crisis involves a vertiginous inflation being able to reach 1000% in certain areas of the Empire.
- Aurélien makes close the monetary workshop of Rome for frauds.
- Zénobie, the widow of Odénat of Palmyre, and his/her son Wahballat takes the royal titles with Palmyre.
Births in 270 ap JC
Death in 270
Claude II the Gothic, Roman Emperor.
- Plotin philosopher neoplatonician, in Campania (born v. 205), author of the Ennéades , published by its disciple Porphyry of Tyr.
|Random links:||Poplar of Virginia | Championship of Ukraine of football | Through Flandres | Boće | Ostrach|