This page relates to the year 251 Calendrier Julien.
June: The Goths invade the Macedonia.
- July 1st:
- Dèce is overcome and killed by Goths with the Bataille of Abrittus (betrayed by Trébonien Galle?). Confused period of succession: Hostilianus, Trebonianus Gallus, Volusien.
- Beginning of the reign of Trébonien Galle ( Trebonianus Gallus ), which associates his/her son Volusien Roman Emperors. > 253
- Gallus concludes with the Goths a dishonouring treaty.
The close East
- the Sassanide Chahpuhr Ier intervenes in Arménie (251 - 254). A Parthian prince of Iran, Anak, takes refuge at the court of the king d' Arménie Tiridate II; once installed with Artachat, he assassinates the king treacherously. In the confusion which follows this assassination, Persians invade Arménie.
- Before dying, Tiridate had time to make carry out Anak and them his. Only Grigor, wire of Anak, escape the massacre and take refuge with Césarée of Cappadoce, where it is informed in the Christian faith. It Marie, then divorce at the end of a few years with the assent of its wife to devote itself to priesthood. Then wanting to discharge the debt of his father, it goes near the son of Tiridate II, the future Tiridate III, which had been sent to Rome after the Persian invasion where it had received a military education.
- Mars: Election of the bishop of Rome Crow. > 253
- June: The persecution of the Christians ceases with Rome and in Africa. Novatien is made elect bishop of Rome against Corneille which he shows of kindness with regard to the lapsi , Christians who had failed at the time of the persecution of Dèce. Corneille is elected after 18 months of vacancy of the pontifical see. It settles the question of the lapsi by leniency with holy Cyprien and fights Novatien.
- De Lapsis , of Holy Cyprien.
- Evangelization in Gaulle: Austremoine, Nectary, Mary, Trophine, etc
Births in 251
Holy Antoine, father of the monks hermits, father of the monachism. > 356
Death in 251
- Hostilien, Roman Emperor, wire of Dèce and temporary colleague to the Empire of Trebonien Galle after the disappearance of Dèce.
- Martyrdom of holy Agathe with Catane.
- Félicien de Foligno
Map-bms: 251 Simple: 251
|Random links:||Gandalf | Thorax | Tournepierre with collar | Town crier | Frederic IV of Hesse-Homburg|