1999 in France
January 8th: Publication of the assessment of the regularizations from abroad launched in 1997: 80 000 accepted files, 63 000 rejected and a thousand of case still in authority.
- January 22nd: The Constitutional council reaffirms the immunity of the President of the Republic.
- January 31st: 100 000 people ravel in Paris against PACS, with certain excessive slogans (" Fags with the bûcher" , " You are of Animaux" , " Stop making us shit with your sida" …).
- March 3rd: Ratification of the Treated of Amsterdam by the National Assembly.
- March 17th: Ratification of the treaty of Amsterdam by the Senate.
- March 24th: Very serious fire in the Tunnel of Mont Blanc, there are forty deaths. the traffic is stopped for long months, and discusses it on road transport and the Ferroutage is started again in France.
- Mars: Law “Dresser” of protection of the health of the sportsmen and fight against doping.
- April 21st: Solemn homage of the French Republic to the French sportsmen (deaths or deportees) and sports associations Frenchwoman having had to undergo by the mode of Vichy persecutions of the Nazi regime of Berlin.
- June 13rd: European elections.
- June 28th: The congress votes the law on the parity men women in policy.
- July: First victory of the Tour de France by Lance Armstrong. (Cycle race)
- August 11th: A total eclipse of sun occurs on the north of France.
- September 2nd: Publication of the book of Jean-Marie Guéhenno “ future of freedom - the democracy in universalization ”, in which it examines the problems arising from confrontation between the Démocratie and the gone, and wonders about the “right democratic combat”.
- September 24th: The Prefecture of the Pas-de-Calais requisitions an immense hangar with Sangatte and entrusts its management to the Croix-Rouge to accommodate refugees who seek to join the Great Britain.
- October 13rd: After one year of impassioned discussion, and negotiations, the left succeeds in making adopt its Civil pact of solidarity (PACS).
- November: The Chain for child Cartoon Network is created.
- December 2nd: Resignation of Dominique Strauss-Kahn of the station of Minister for the Economy and Finances, following the charges of the parquet floor of Paris, which reproached him for having perceived unjustified fees of the Mnef.
- December 8th: Lionel Jospin maintains the Embargo on British ox. He calls upon the Precaution principle.
- December 12th: Shipwreck of the Erika to broad of Penmarc' H with 37.000 tons of fuel, causing an oil slick on the coasts Breton, Vendean and Charente-native. The Loire-Atlantique is particularly touched.
- 26 and December 28th: The storms Lothar and Martin cause extensive damage with winds reaching 180 km/h. The assessment is heavy for the country: more than 90 dead, 6 billion francs of allowances paid by the insurances, 1 million devastated hectares of forest. Several million French households passes the midnight supper of the year 2000 to the candle.
- the year 1999 in the world
- the year 2000 in France
- Chronology of France under Ve République
- French history
|Random links:||Assessment (first aid) | San Salvador (El Salvador) | Feeder | Paralpinism | Nashat Akram | Aikawa,_Kanagawa|